Menu
elliottja1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

200Mbps unplayable Xbox Live

Hi all,

First post so sorry if on wrong board or there's a sticky somewhere  

I just moved from Plusnet due to lack of fibre option due to where I live. Speed for normal browsing etc is great and speed checker comes back super fast, but Xbox is unplayable. 

Detailed network statistics show 0.98 Mbps download and latency of 390ms and whilst I know you can't trust that, trust me when I tell you those numbers feel accurate. 

I'm wireless (as I was with old Plusnet router) and know this Superhub 3 isn't the best, but seriously?

This evening I reset everything and assigned a fixed IP and put in DMZ but no improvements. Help appreciated

0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: 200Mbps unplayable Xbox Live

If you look at all or most of the posts on gaming part everyone is in same boat with high ping or lack of Internet speed I now my self have had an issue with high ping and lack on speed from time to time.
And I have done everything to sort it even been given a new router and wow what a load of poop.
I have VM but this week got bt as I got sick and tired of the very bad/ poor Internet service anyway with same xbox on bt isp it makes VM like old dial up.
Now I have spent all day with a Microsoft engineer which is a very good friend and don't ask me what he did but got my ping to 160ms which is still poop as before coming on here I can not play.
I had before hub2 ac which was better but from time to time dropped off I did everything with that.
Anyway bottom line is welcome to no help forum regarding gaming as no one from VM can or is able to help all they do is post are you wired or wireless, I have checked your line and it all fine which it might be when no one is on it etc or we have been out all bloody day.
So say it's because the test is done or sent to usa which is dogs b******** as if this was the case that make anyone in the states with better game play than anyone is aus the other side of the world.
If you have only just got it I would be thinking of canceling your service as there able to provide you with what they state etc.
now I have found to get the best from hub 3 is standard setting, auto net settings on xbox so both can find the best channel and leave firewall on as if you turn off and you have port forward then it cancels the port forwarding but turn of the last 2 which is flood and ip scan or something other than that you in wrong place to get help
Try xboxforum/net Google it your more likely get more help there
0 Kudos
elliottja1980
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply. I read through a fair few threads and it's a common problem.

I'll have to seriously consider cancelled as only just within the 14 day window.

0 Kudos
d4yl33
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would what's the ?

Do the off lol😂
0 Kudos
elliottja1980
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

UPDATE

I rearranged things so I could use a wired connection. Just from detailed statistics on Xbox screen there's an marked improvement. Won't know until I play a few games, but...

Download speed went from 5-12Mbps this morning (0.9 last night) to 167Mbps
Upload speed went from 5Mbps this morning to 12Mbps
Latency from 400-500ms to 160ms

There's something not right with that Superhub 3.0 router.

0 Kudos
elliottja1980
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just had a quick play. Now it's playable. Before it wasn't. Will give a go this evening.
0 Kudos
stormfury2
Superfast
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes there are a few known issues relating to hardware which is documented here - Basically it's not using the hardware it has to do the functions required and in stead is doing them via software which is not efficient.

0 Kudos