Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
rob35

mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com

When I try to open e mail attachments, I get a message from mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com asking whether I want to open or save the file. When I click to open the file nothing happens, so I'm no longer able to open attachments. Can anyone advise how to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Omniscient
slated

Re: mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com

[ Edited ]

maybe try saving the attachment instead, then open the saved file?

Are you sure that your computer has the necessary application to open the attachment (you don't say what the attachment's file format is)?

Making Waves
rob35

Thanks - yes agree this would be a way round the problem. Bizarrely, I'm now able to open attachments without any problems, so can only think there was a temporary fault with my pc or the website. Anyway, thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Rose_R

Hi rob35,

Thanks for letting us know. If there is anything we can do to help, please post back and we'll be happy to look into it for you.

Regards,

Rose Rafferty

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
khethy

to open e mail attachments, I get a message from mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com asking whether I want to open or save the file. When I click to open the file nothing happens, so I'm no longer able to open attachments. Can anyone advise how to solve this problem.

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Nana-Lena

I have received QT video named Santa DanceBoot h.mov which I have downloaded and placed into a file folder. Everything seems O.K. but when I click Play nothing hapenes. Cam you please help me to see this massage.
Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Jen_A

Hi Nana-Lena,

Where have you downloaded this to?

Are you using an email client?

Do you have this problem only with this particular video or are others affected and do you get any error messages?

Please provide as much information as you can to enable us to help with this. Also, you might want to check your security software settings.

Jen_A
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
bam0822

I also have the same problem.  I'm using windows 8.  When download occurs it ask if I want to open or save.  Regardless of which option I choose the file comes across without the file extension therefore I don't know which program to use to open it.  I don't remember this happening when I had Vista.  Any suggestions on how to fix?

Please use plain text.
Expert Opinionator
Dai_T

Hi bam0822,

Is this issue occuring from within webmail or when mail is downloaded through a client?

Dai_T
Help & Support Forum Team

Seen a useful post?Problem Solved?Fault with your service?
Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
tripleh

I get this problem on my ipad also using safari. Any clues?

Please use plain text.