0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
GreyHeron
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email

There's an update saying that 'some work was completed last night' - but I STILL have major problems getting into my emails and STILL have to run the gauntlet of fuzzy pictures of pumpkins before it will even let me try.

This plus the poor functioning of the set-up is a disgrace.

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi dp14,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums and the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you are having some technical issues with your email. 

If you can tell us a little more about this then we can look into things and possibly resolve them Smiley Happy

Give us a chance.

(PS I've flagged this to the Moderators to be moved to the Email boards. Our experts there can help.)

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dp14
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I find it difficult to log in to my emails. Sometimes it takes about ten attempts. I am also becoming too familiar with the "Sorry we are experiencing technical difficulties" page when trying to access my mail. This is very frustrating.

0 Kudos
polly43
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

I've been using Virgin webmail with varying degrees of success for a while now.  I spent a long time adding all my Virgin e-mail addresses (actually they're NTL ones) to my main e-mail address account so that I wouldn't have the slog of having to log in to each one in turn.  It did work - at first!  Now this evening  I found I couldn't access anything in my other e-mails at all!  When I clicked on the down arrows for these other accounts, nothing happened!  My inboxes and other labels did not show; although one actually did in the end, but when I tried to forward one of the received e-mails, that didn't work either!  What is going on? 

It is an awful rigmarole as it is, signing into webmail with any e-mail address, first having to first prove you're 'Not a robot' and then getting a  a message that your 'Inbox is locked' then having to click yet again on 'e-mail' at the top right to actually get into your mail account!  What's that all about then?

Now, I'm back to having to log into each of my mail accounts one at a time again!  Phew!  Get your act together Virgin!

0 Kudos
dp14
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

These email problems are getting very old now. You are still experiencing technical difficulties despite verbal assurances that it will soon be fixed on several occasions from staff when I phone to complain. The last person I spoke to advised that I use an alternative email provider???????????????

polly43
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

What a cheek!  Use an alternative e-mail provider indeed!  Virgin aren't exactly cheap are they?  E-mail is a very basic part of a broadband service.  Yet they can't get that right!  Smiley Mad  I think we should get a refund on our subscriptions!  Smiley Wink

dp14
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Exactly the point. I mentioned paying for a service that doesn't work and hasn't done for some time...... I was ignored.

dp14
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

The problem continues today, I have not been able to access my emails this afternoon. Believe it or not, this is important to me. Apologising just doesn't cut it any longer. I (we) are subscribing to a substandard service.

Do Sky have these problems?

GreyHeron
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There's an update saying that 'some work was completed last night' - but I STILL have major problems getting into my emails and STILL have to run the gauntlet of fuzzy pictures of pumpkins before it will even let me try.

This plus the poor functioning of the set-up is a disgrace.

polly43
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

My Internet and e-mail has been down all day.  Now, this evening, it seems to be back up and working OK, but my modem's little double ended arrow (second from bottom) is now flashing permanently!  It never used to do this; in fact the engineer who fitted it said all the lights should be still, except when it is downloading, up-loading or otherwise connected to the Internet!  Is this 'Flashing Arrow' now normal does anyone know?  Smiley Surprised

0 Kudos