Menu
canalboat
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

email addresses

Hi,

Over a period of time I have a selection of email addresses that are shown to me when I login to email.

How can I remove the unwanted ones.

Regards Canalboat.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: email addresses

If these addresses appear in a drop down box when logging in to webmail then it is likely to be due to auto fill browser settings. In most browsers simply hitting delete whilst the cursor is over the unwanted entry will get rid of it.

All Replies
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Use your primary email account credentials to log into your profile at https://my.virginmedia.com/my-profile/view, once in you can admin the secondary email accounts using the aptly-named "Manage accounts" tab.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If these addresses appear in a drop down box when logging in to webmail then it is likely to be due to auto fill browser settings. In most browsers simply hitting delete whilst the cursor is over the unwanted entry will get rid of it.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For Chrome it is Shift/Delete.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Graham_A wrote:

Good answer, I think that I misunderstood the question. I'll go sit on the naughty step and have a good think about what I've done :-)

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
canalboat
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks to all who replied. I wasn't clear enough with my question but seem to have sorted the problem.

Regards Canalboat.

0 Kudos
zaideotto
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

my blueyonder email account

Hi, Yesterday, all our emails stopped working after 15yrs of using my email address with no reason.

I can no longer receive or send emails from my iPhone or laptops., it says that I need a password and it doesn't recognise it.

I can get my emails by going to virgin, what has virgin done?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: my blueyonder email account

zaideotto wrote:

Hi, Yesterday, all our emails stopped working after 15yrs of using my email address with no reason.

I can no longer receive or send emails from my iPhone or laptops., it says that I need a password and it doesn't recognise it.

I can get my emails by going to virgin, what has virgin done?

You should start a new thread for this - you may not have the same problem, and/or VM's systems may have changed since the original thread was started.

Reviving old threads is NOT a good idea. Following the House Rules IS a good idea: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/help/faqpage#participation

0 Kudos