Menu
Quilter61
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

can't sent emails from my computer

I can't believe I'm writing again so soon after you guys helped me so much last month.

Yesterday I tried sending out an email to a large group of people and it wouldn't go--the box that came up said I was sending it to too many recipients. I then cut down the number but still couldn't send any. Tried a test to myself and it still says "too many recipients." I'm obviously in some kind of loop that I can't get out of. Any advice on how to fix this?

I have quilt the Mail application on my computer and turned it back on this morning, but no luck. I can send messages from the server, so the issue is with the Mail on my computer.

Many thanks,

Linda

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: can't sent emails from my computer

The previous emails which failed maybe still queued in your Outbox, if they are either edit to correct the failure or delete. You may wish to take all accounts offline whilst you sort the issue by clicking  the menu option Mailbox, Take All Accounts Offline; to go back online select Take All Accounts Online.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The previous emails which failed maybe still queued in your Outbox, if they are either edit to correct the failure or delete. You may wish to take all accounts offline whilst you sort the issue by clicking  the menu option Mailbox, Take All Accounts Offline; to go back online select Take All Accounts Online.

Quilter61
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

ok, I'll try that, but there is nothing in my outbox.......
0 Kudos
Quilter61
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

OK, I've just done as you suggested and it worked! Emails now going out of my Mail application. thanks so much for your help.

Linda
0 Kudos