Menu
Doug998
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Webmail - the interminable three dots ...

I have now been without email access, via webmail, for almost 24 hours.  This is crippling to one-man-band, self-employed guys like me and it simply is not good enough.  Virgin's services in Teesside in recent months have been appalling with regular outages and gremlins.  Meanwhile, customer service continues to be slippery, slimy, elusive and unhelpful and it has not escaped my attention that the internet only service I agreed to pay £17/month for a few years ago, now costs me over £32.  The service is poor and it's no longer competitive, I've had enough ... (oh look, there are those three dots again) ... (and again) ... (and again) ...

Doug Harris

brian77
Joining in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail - the interminable three dots ...

Your lucky I have had no e.mail service since Monday and a diobolically slow one for months prior to that, virgin media is becoming a joke

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webmail - the interminable three dots ...

Doug998

While I have every sympathy for people who are frustrated by the very poor performance of VM's web mail over the last few months and particularly over the last week or so, when it has been execrable,  that sympathy is somewhat limited if you are using your VM residential service to run a business. You are doing yourself no favours because the residential service is not covered by any standards for getting it back up and running when it goes wrong. Equally it carries no right to compensation for business losses. That is in the terms of service. People who depend on e-mail for business should always use a suitable business oriented service with these features. And that includes having your own domain name, properly hosted on a suitable service provider who will respond to outages like this more quickly than VM ever will or will ever need to.

VM's latest position statement on this outage is given in the last post in this thread from Nicola_C. To be fair the fault looks like a difficult one to resolve. We can only hope that VM get it sorted soon.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/unable-to-sign-in-to-rubbish-virgin-email/td-p/3372353

In the meantime you might wish to consider setting up an e-mail client to collect, read and manage your mail. Clients are largely unaffected by these issues and are working well. Guidance from VM on how to do this is here:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

But it would quite understandable if you thought that your time with VM now is coming to a close. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos