Menu
ShaggyMonster
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Unsafe Script Error on - Virgin Email

Google Chrome is warning me that the Virgin media E-Mail Web App is trying to load unsafe scripts.

I am experiencing intermittent connection issues and send sometimes fails.

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Unsafe Script Error on - Virgin Email

Virgin Media's script is loading over an insecure HTTP connection whereas the initial connection occurred over a secure connection (HTTPS), read more here.

AFAICS, the connection issues result in a request to load the script over an unsecured connection (HTTP) which the browser blocks and to a less observant user it looks like nothing is happening. If an initial secured connection has not been established then the following is shown.

2016-10-31-01.jpeg

Either navigate to mail2.virginmedia.com (or if already there) try pressing Ctrl + F5 or Ctrl + Shift + R to reload the web page and by pass the cache to re-establish the connection.

0 Kudos
ShaggyMonster
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks but i do that currently to work around intermittent loading of the web app in its current state which is poor.

Resetting the page is not a fix for the root cause of the problem.  This issue was not present in Virgins web-mail before and now is and they should fix it ....

0 Kudos
ShaggyMonster
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To add a testing context this problem is shown within:-

Chrome
FireFox
MS Edge
MS IE

It is not Browser specific ...
0 Kudos
Seamus101
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problem. "Google Chrome is warning me that the Virgin media E-Mail Web App is trying to load unsafe scripts." Contacted Virgin who took control and checked the system. Result was that they could'nt see any "unsafe scripts" running. Tried with a different browser same result. Still having the same problem........

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seamus101 wrote:

I'm having the same problem. "Google Chrome is warning me that the Virgin media E-Mail Web App is trying to load unsafe scripts." Contacted Virgin who took control and checked the system. Result was that they could'nt see any "unsafe scripts" running. Tried with a different browser same result. Still having the same problem........

I've removed your duplicate post on this issue. Please don't do this. It is against Forum rules and it confuses us all. We can waste time replying in both places. 

This issue is part of the general web mail malaise at the moment. We have asked VM to investigate and we understand they are. best advice I can give is to clear your browser cache and cookies - might work. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
ShaggyMonster
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Do you have the VM ticket no please?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No. They don't go that far with us.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos