Menu
DDAV2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Switching a Secondary account holder to become Primary

Hi,

My wife is a secondary account holder and needs to become the primary (which is me currently).Does anyone know how this can be accomplished?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Switching a Secondary account holder to become Primary

You need phone VM and ask for a transfer of responsibility form. The fee for the switch is £20. A new account will be created for her if she passes the usual credit checks. If you both wish to continue to use your current e-mail addresses they can be merged into the new account otherwise they will be lost completely on the switch over.

It's a complicated business and not always an easy one to negotiate.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It can't be done. The primary account holder must be person in whose name the account is held. Explain more about what lies behind this request? For example you may be going your separate ways. I do hope not.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
DDAV2
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.My Wife needs to take over the account and be the account holder for personal reasons.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You need phone VM and ask for a transfer of responsibility form. The fee for the switch is £20. A new account will be created for her if she passes the usual credit checks. If you both wish to continue to use your current e-mail addresses they can be merged into the new account otherwise they will be lost completely on the switch over.

It's a complicated business and not always an easy one to negotiate.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
kevinbrowne
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I AM the primary user as the account IS in my name yet when I login it says secondary. I want this fixed as I need on line access to my account

0 Kudos
paulow
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same problem, I am the account holder but listed as secondary. I think it happened when initially setting up the account with Virgin, Unfortunately phoning VM has proved to be an immense waste of time for something that is probably something that should surely be simple.

0 Kudos
stevedh2
Knows their stuff
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If your out of contract you could always talk to retention's, not sure if you can sort how easy it is to shut down the old account, and start up a new one at the same address in a different name...

0 Kudos