Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
One to Watch
absorbalov
Helpful Answer

Ntlworld email address change to virgin media

Hi

Is there an update to when ntlworld email addresses will have the chance to change to virgin media addresses? Googles been up and running for a while now and ive not heard anything yet.

Please use plain text.
Superuser
BenMcr

Re: Ntlworld email address change to virgin media

[ Edited ]

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Domain-Change-for-blueyonder-co-uk-and-NTLworld-com/...

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
absorbalov

[ Edited ]

Nice one thanks for that should be soon then.....

Please use plain text.
Wizard
Kyle_D

Hi absorbalov,

Nice to see the question has been answerd, please let us know if you have anymore issues.

Thanks

Regards,

Kyle D

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
andrewmarsh

I have not had the email about swapping ntlworld.com to virgin media.com, but I have heard that this swap can now be done. How can I get instructions?

Please use plain text.
Superuser
Graham_A

I think you have heard wrong. As far as I know they have still not released the reserved email addresses after the initial hiccup.

If I have solved your problem please click on the helpful answer button.
Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Neil_D

Hi andrewmarsh,

At present customers are not able to change the domain of their emails from blueyonder/ntlworld to virginmedia.com. We are hopeful that this will be available soon but there is currently no specific date for the roll-out.

Kind Regards,

Neil D

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Razzler

Hi Neil

Is there any update in this....

Please use plain text.
Trust Me, I’m a Doctor
Chris_K

Hi Razzler

Unfortunately not at this time. We are still under the impression that it will happen in the future though

Regards,

Chris Kean

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Anon

On Google you can easily change your old (original) googlemail.com email address to gmail.com - as VM and NTLWorld emails are running on Google servers, cannot the same technology be employed?  This has dragged on for far too long (particularly for a technology/internet company - embarrassing really!) - couldn't you either switch it on using Googlemail (as it is clearly technically possible) or alternatively switch off the bit that has "reserved" Virginmedia.com email addresses for every ntlworld.com address and we can set it up ourselves (perhaps increasing the number of accounts allowed to allow a transition, or make the shadow accounts live tied to the customers' account that "owns" the NTLWorld version).

Anon

Please use plain text.