Menu
Andrew29
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Ntlworld.com emails gone missing following a house move

We moved house at the end of may/june 2016. All my emails before 20/5/16 on my ntlworld.com have disappeared. I need some of them for work. I think it is due to our house move? Any help or suggestions.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ntlworld.com emails gone missing following a house move

You'll have to phone this in. When you move home you get a new account and your old one becomes inaccessible. Thay can be mrged but a call in is necessary to do it. Option 1 for BB faults (deals with e-mail issues). Do it now before VM get round to deleting your old account.

And I've made a comment in the thread where you posted a duplicate of this issue. Please don't post duplicates.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew29,

So sorry about your email issue but I'm inclined to agree with HowardML - your ntlworld email address is still linked to your formore VM account.

We should be able to move the email address across to your new VM account. If you haven't already called in, or if you have but still require help with this, please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll do what I an to help.

And welcome to our Forum, nice to have you join us Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Andrew29
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I phoned in to virgin media - no help - they told me that could not find them. Useless service! will not move all email communication away from this account. I have had this email account for years - No longer a reliable email account
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew29,

Sorry if  you've not been able to locate your missing mail.

I did actually send you a PM the day before you posted advising that your email account is intact on our systems, so no transfer necessary. It is highly unlikely that your house move resulted in the loss.

I wonder if you're accessing mail via IOS? If so then you may find this thread helpful.

Or perhaps you set up some filtering rules that you've forgotten about?

If those options don't apply then please reply to my PM with some specific details - an example of an email address, the date it was received, the sender, the subject, the folder it resided in.

I'll then see if there' s anything else we can do for you.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Andrew29
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you Jen for you interest. I have talked to Virgin - no help there. I have decided to move all my contacts and to stop using the virgin email system. I feel it is not reliable enough. I have managed to get the most important information sent to an alternative address.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew29,

That's a shame, though I do understand your decision regarding this. 

Thank you for taking the time to post an update, appreciate it.

And I wish you all the best Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos