Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to change password on Blueyonder email

deepbeep
On our wavelength

Hi, hope someone can help.

I am an ex VM customer. 

When I left, I was told my email addresses would be deleted in 90 days.

5 years later they havent been, but hackers have now got access to my Blueyonder email address and the password.

VM no longer gives me the facility to log on and change the password, but has left the email account active.

This means hacker is trying to gain access to other online accounts etc by exploiting their access to my email account. 

How can I change the password on my Blueyonder email address or even just completely disable/delete the email address?

3 REPLIES 3

deepbeep
On our wavelength

Hi, sorry to bump but really need help on this ASAP.  Those who have accessed my VM email are using it to reset password and take over various other accounts.  I urgently need to change the password or just completely close this email so it can no longer be used.

Help!!

deepbeep
On our wavelength

So I emailed the data protection officer of virgin media and told them I'd sue them for any losses I incurred due to them failing to secure my data on their servers. They have no disabled the email address for me.

It's absolutely incredible that VM have a system where you can't secure your own data.  I had an email address with no facility to change the password.

dcweather
Dialled in

Had a similar problem with my old Virgin.net emaail. Just couldn't delete despite them saying they no longer supported it and it was dealt with by talktalk now. They had no clue what VM were on about. Then Virgin said it was deleted but I still got spam nad could send emails to it. It took two years to solve it. I see VM are no longer offering new email addresses and i fear existing ones may be given notice of closure some time in the future. I hope not because moving emails is probably one of the most onerous PC tasks there is!