Menu
Johneje
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Lost email access

I would be grateful for some help if possible, my first time on the page. I've been struggling for 4 days to get my email access back. When I log into vm.com I can sign into my account info no problem but when I select the e-mail tab on the VM page the response is " cannot seem to find this page" I called the chaps in Mumbai and he suggested it was a password issue, took control of my pc, changed the password, let me have the new one but the problem still exists. I have windows 10 with edge, but I have the same issue if I use my laptop with windows 7 and IE. I called again and spoke to another guy who again took control of my pc. He also tried it through Chrome to no avail. I'll have to speak to a supervisor he said. The response was VM are aware of a problem with e-mail access and it would be fixed in 24 hrs? I don't know if this was a fob? Since I can log into my account via 3 different browsers and 2 computers it would appear not to be a password, browser or  computer issue, although I stand to be corrected.

I did briefly see my emails when I noticed the small icon on the bottom tool bar (edge browser) next to the clock (action center icon) turn white. When I selected this there were my emails, but when I action the emails and then close this down, there is no way back in again and the icon reads " no new notifications". It would appear I can only have access again when another email arrives?

Is there an ongoing issue with email access virgin are dealing with? If so, nothing seems to be flagged up in the service status link. Thank you in anticipation for any assistance.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Lost email access

Thanks graham

Hello Johneje 

Sorry you are or were having problems and for taking a while to arrive here. We did have a fault that may have caused this for some people that was fixed by the 14 Sep, please would you bring us up to date, is it working now?

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

What happens if you try and access Virgin Media mail direct rather than through My Virgin Media? http://email.virginmedia.com or https://www.virginmedia.com/email

Johneje
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Graham - both your links tried and result in the same response "we cant reach this page".

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Johneje wrote:

Thanks Graham - both your links tried and result in the same response "we cant reach this page".

It seems odd that you should be getting this same response across different pcs and different browsers.  It is was just one set up I would have suggested deleting browser history/cache and cookies relating to virginmedia then restart the device.

Have you tried setting up your email address in an email client such as Thunderbird to see if you can gain access that way?

Someone from the Forum team will get to this post in a few days, although response times are currently slow, and may be able to help further.

Johneje
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again Graham. Unfortunately the email client thunderbird suggestion is out of my computer knowledge comfort zone, but hopefully, as you suggest, someone from the team will pick this up soon.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks graham

Hello Johneje 

Sorry you are or were having problems and for taking a while to arrive here. We did have a fault that may have caused this for some people that was fixed by the 14 Sep, please would you bring us up to date, is it working now?

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Johneje
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Thanks

Sorry also for the delay in responding, but have been on holiday. I'm pleased to say my lost email access has been restored, but only on my laptop with windows 7 home premium. This is a relief, as for many weeks I had lost all my email history, contacts list and address book which was a disaster, however now restored. Unfortunately, I still cannot access my email using Windows 10 on my main PC. I can access my VM account details ok, but hitting the email tab within my account page does nothing. I says "loading" and mail2.virginmedia.com/appsuit/# is displayed at the top of the screen, but all I get is 3 pulsing spots which will continue pulsing all day until I cancel. I am however, very grateful for the partial success.

Many thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Johneje,

Thanks for getting back to us, hope you enjoyed your time away Smiley Happy

I'm wondering if you webmail access works any differently if you access it directly (click here) rather than via MYVM?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Johneje
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jen

Thanks and again apologies for the delay.

Your link unfortunately makes no difference.

John

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hello John

Thank you for getting back I am sorry we were a bit slow replying. We did have a problem that took a while to resolve but it should now be fixed. How has it been recently please?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos