Menu
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HAs something gone wrong with the SPAM filtering

I have recently started getting a lot of Sex messages coming through which don't seem to get filtered, instead being sent to my Inbox. It is difficult for users to block these as people are using different addresses. It should possible for VM to look at the links, as most virus checkers will warn about the links, and SPAM them

Also I am continuing to get the usual mails reportedly from Morrisons etc even though I keep saying they are SPAM.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
shteve
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: HAs something gone wrong with the SPAM filtering

I'm still getting spam too, though it is slowing down. Recently I've had a few Morrisons ones that get delivered to my inbox on my desktop that aren't showing in webmail so can't flag them. I can obviously deal with them in my desktop client, but killing them at source (ideally literally Smiley Very Happy) would be better.

0 Kudos

All Replies
shteve
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'm still getting spam too, though it is slowing down. Recently I've had a few Morrisons ones that get delivered to my inbox on my desktop that aren't showing in webmail so can't flag them. I can obviously deal with them in my desktop client, but killing them at source (ideally literally Smiley Very Happy) would be better.

0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still getting dozens of similar messages every day. No response to this from VM yet. It seems as though no one cares. Considering ditching which is a pain as I would have to update all my contacts. Still if people can't be bothered to reply then it would appear to be the only option

0 Kudos
Seffrid
Superfast
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm still getting several "sexmails" every day.

The problem was acknowledged here and we were asked to filter them as spam in the webmail in order to "educate" the filter but it hasn't had any noticeable effect. I don't normally use webmail but have been regularly logging in to it for this purpose, although I'm pretty much at the point of not bothering any more as it doesn't seem to serve any real purpose beyond wasting my time.

I do think we should be getting an update from VM as to why this is still continuing. It was never like it when VM ran the webmail themselves before out-sourcing it to Google, it's only become an issue since they took it back.
0 Kudos
MartinJG51
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I agree we were asked to do that not long after the mail was changed and for most spam filtering is working but this is getting particularly annoying. I think it might be to easy to blame google mail though as I don't seem to get any of this on my gmail account

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello MartinJG51

I am sorry you are receiving unwanted spam, I have spoken to Our Postmaster about it and we are assured that marking the emails as spam will increment our filters. Apologies if it is taking a while to block them but the advice is please keep marking them as spam.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos