Menu
hazy14
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Greyed out email folder

I created an personal folder to store off certain emails, under that top level folder I have 2 subfolders.  All three folders have emails within.  An example of structure below.

- Folder1
     - SubFolder1
     - SubFolder2

1) When I check email via my phone app the top level folder is greyed out so I can not access emails in that folder however it still lets me access and see the emails in the sub folders.  The folders look like this:

- Folder1
     - SubFolder1
     - SubFolder2

2) When I check email via my pc all three folders are completely missing.

Can anyone help on this, I need to access emails in the top level folder. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Greyed out email folder

If this is with a virginmedia email address go to VM webmail and sign in to the account.  Select settings under the cog icon > go to email > scroll down to IMAP folder subscription and check that there is a tick against all the folders  you want to be able to access.  If you make any changes remember to click Save

hazy14
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sorry not seeing that option.  It is an old ntlworld email if that makes any difference

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

hazy14 wrote:

Sorry not seeing that option.  It is an old ntlworld email if that makes any difference

Provided you still have a paid for broadband account with Virgin Media it shouldn't make any difference.  When you sign into VM webmail with the ntlworld address what options do you see under the settings menu?  Email should be the second in the list and once selected you scroll right to the bottom of the screen for the IMAP subscriptions section.

You are best doing this on a desktop machine as the options are limited in the mobile version of webmail.