Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Clever-clogs
Foxy9212

Re: Error 0x800CCC0F

Another for the list.  Message is as follows:

Unable to send or receive messages for the Ntlworld (********) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity.

Server: 'pop.ntlworld.com'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F
Protocol: POP3
Port: 110
Secure(SSL): No

Please use plain text.
One to Watch
Mike4122

As I read it, lots and lots and LOTS of people are getting this error which at best seems to be intermittent in that one account will fail and another one will work. It seems to me that this is a Virgin error so why are people being asked to check their settings? Are we suggesting that all of these people have error prone email programmes that keep altering their settings?

The bottom line is "THERE IS A FAULT AND THE SOURCE OF IT IS 'VIRGIN' - WHEN IT IS GOING TO BE RECTIFIED?"

Or am I being naive? Is the email service working fine and all the customers are at fault?

TBH - the only reason I stay with Virgin is the Fibre Optic option. I live three miles from a BT exchange and can only manage 1.5mbs. If that changes ...... the world is your oyster.

Virgin - wake up and smell the coffee!!!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
VaughanR

Hi Rose

Would you also please check my settings as which I PM'd to Paul_B yesterday. Thanks. VaughanR
Please use plain text.
One to Watch
duzzyfu

The protocol analyser I run seems to show that it is when teluris is responding to my pop3 requests that the session fails.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
VaughanR

Re: Error 0x800CCC0F - Service Status

Why isn't this problem currently being reported on the Virgin Status page? Just checked this at 17:49hrs today, and it reports everything as "Good". :smileymad:

C'mon Virgin. Isn't it time you started to be honest with us?

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
martynuk

Re: Error 0x800CCC0F - Service Status

[ Edited ]

I will 2nd that same problem here with Windows  64 bit Live Mail.

And don't anyone from Virgin say use Webmail!!

Something has changed at Virgin's end.

It looks like the same problems we had last year with the migration, hope it doesn't take so long to fix.

Martyn

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Sigma

[ Edited ]

@Mike4122 - Asking people to post their settings may lead to them identifying an issue that relates to using pop.ntlworld.com, pop3.virginmedia.com or whatever specifically.

If the implication is that it's user error via incorrect settings though, it certainly isn't in my case. I haven't changed any settings and my account was working fine for weeks, and then last week the 0x800CCC0F errors started appearing.

I've been a VM customer from the beginning and have had really good service until the switchover to using Google's email system. Since then I've had intermittent email issues of one kind or another. Google's email system is an improvement on the old one - but only if it works consistently! These issues are dragging on for far too long now.

I also agree that saying "use webmail!" is not the solution. For me it's merely a less convenient method compared to using Windows Live Mail, where I can check several accounts for new mail in one go. At least webmail is there for when these errors prevent me from receiving mail, but that's beside the point really.

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
martynuk

Have changed my settings to:-

Pop.virgin.net
Port 110
Authentication disabled
Ssl disabled

Smtp.virgin.net
Port 25
Authentication disabled

Ssl disabled.

At moment is working, but we shouldn't have to keep changing to cover for Virgin's errors/problems!

Have been with Virgin since 1995!! all Ok until it got into bed with Google over mail. Looks like it caught something nasty!!

Martyn

Please use plain text.
Crafty
incandescent

I have been getting the same error intermittently for around a week.

More worryingly, two of us have separate email accounts but use the same home PC.  One of the accounts works (intermittently) but the other downloads one message then Outlook hangs completely.  If I restart Outlook it downloads the same email again then hangs.  This happens every time for that account.

I've been using NTL email since before they were even called NTL (Cabletel!) and haven't had problems like this before.

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
Elnojthegreat

[ Edited ]

This is also happening on my 2 email accounts on ncoming mail and the failure message is:-

"Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Account: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk ', Server: 'pop3.blueyonder.co.uk', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Error Number: 0x800CCC0F"

The fault is intermittent and occasionally the email works correctly as it has done for around 3-4 weeks since the last failures. This must be a fault common to quite a number of accounts and has appeared before. Settings are as advised - Incoming mail is set to security level 995 and ticked for secure connection (SSL). Incoming server is po3.blueyonder.co.uk.  Outgoing mail is set to security level 465 and secure connection on smtp.virginmedia.com as advised for previous outgoing blueyonder service problems.

Used Outlook Express 6 as the browser is inconvenient for me with several sources of email.

Please use plain text.