Menu
Scottie17
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Email to Virgin/NTLworld addresses classed as SPAM

For the past month any emails I send to my wife and friends with ntlworld email addresses are being rejected as SPAM.

I have read Ravenstar68's post on this topic and followed his advice, getting my wife to setup a SPAM folder.  However, despite subsequently classifying emails from myself as "NOT SPAM", any email I send to her continues to be classed as SPAM.

I would be grateful if someone could tell me how to get in contact with the correct people at VIRGIN to look into this. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email to Virgin/NTLworld addresses classed as SPAM

Hello Scottie17

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems emailing you wife and friends, we would like to help. What email domain are you sending from please as although I appreciate you are not a bulk sender we like them to conform to these standards Spam Content Found' error message

Are you saying the email gets delivered but it is in the spam folder or it gets rejected and you receive a bounce back message?

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Scottie17
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your speedy response.

I am sending emails from the UKGATEWAY.NET domain, which are then relayed via GMAIL.COM.  This is a method I have used for many years as I choose to retain the ISP email address I have used for business purposes for many years.

All other email I send is delivered correctly which led me to focus on the virginmedia servers as the problem.

With regard to your second question, following details given on this forum my wife has changed her settings so that SPAM is delivered to a SPAM folder.  She has then been checking this folder and setting any emails from myself as "NOT SPAM".  However, despite doing this for over 2 weeks, the spam filter does not seem to be learning that my emails are NOT SPAM. 

However, when I send email to my other contacts with ntlworld email addresses who have not setup SPAM folders on their Webmail the email is rejected with the 554.5.2.0 message "SPAM Content Found".

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Scottie17, 

Thanks for coming back to us so quickly on this and for taking at look at that thread Smiley Happy

I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos