Menu
Snakebite495
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email 're bill

Spam email saying bill over due. Going to disconnect tomoz. Tells me to click on link to pay.. goes to card details.. asking for sort code etc. Is this bogus?? Bill not due to pay till 26th of Oct thanks
0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email 're bill

What do you think? If I asked for your bank details out of the blue you'd just give them to me would you? So apparently you'd also think about giving them to a complete stranger who sends you an e-mail. Whole section of this Forum devoted to this continual phishing scam. Read here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security

I only say this because you clearly clicked on the phishing link and were ready to give away your details before twigging that this might be a scam. No reputable company will ever ask you for this information this way. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.

All Replies
Highlighted
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Email 're bill

What do you think? If I asked for your bank details out of the blue you'd just give them to me would you? So apparently you'd also think about giving them to a complete stranger who sends you an e-mail. Whole section of this Forum devoted to this continual phishing scam. Read here:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/bd-p/Internet_Security

I only say this because you clearly clicked on the phishing link and were ready to give away your details before twigging that this might be a scam. No reputable company will ever ask you for this information this way. 

-----------------------

Superuser 2016/17
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.