Menu
Tuning in
Message 11 of 17 (211 Views)

Re: Email Settings changes. Not helpful! Locked out of ntlworld email!

@ladydemetria
I have phoned up and they tried to help me through remote access but had to pass me through to 2nd line support. Only to be told that they will need to migrate my account as it is linked to an old account this will take 3-5 days. So will post and update once this has been done.
Tuning in
Message 12 of 17 (168 Views)

Virgin would it be possible for you to that for me without me having to phone up and explain this problem or shall I just accept that it's gone now and move on?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superuser
Message 13 of 17 (152 Views)

The Forum Team will respond to this post but it can take several days for them to do so.

If 2nd line are passing this on to the email team, they may well be arranging what's called a move and transfer to ensure that your old email is transferred to your current Virgin Media account.  The Forum Team will be able to confirm if this is the case and keep you updated, so I wouldn't write it off just yet.

Tim

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17 (134 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi ladydemetria,

Apologies for the issues you're having currently.

Webmail access problems are under investigation but mail via client should work without any problems.

Your father's email account, if linked to an active paid-for broadband service, would only have been disabled for a specific reason - would you please ask your father to check for any letters or text messages he may have had about that?

Or there is something else happening that we need to address.  I have sent you a PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) requesting some information about the email address. Please reply when you can and I'll look into this further.

Smiley Happy

@Chelleuk2016 - please keep us updated on the outcome of your email issue. Once the necessary transfer has been completed you'll hopefully have no further problems but we'll be happy to help out if needed Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 15 of 17 (120 Views)

Hi ladydemetria,

Thanks for getting back to me with that information Smiley Happy

I've no concerns about any account issues - your father's email address should work fine.

However we do have an issue with webmail access that is currently under investigation. 

Mail clients (Thunderbird or Outlook for example)  should be unaffected, which one are you using? Or are you using Windows 10 mail app?

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 16 of 17 (103 Views)

He's using the windows 10 mail app

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 17 of 17 (62 Views)

He got a letter today saying that his email might have been compromised so I guess that could be why it wasn't working. no matter he won't be using virgin as his main mail provider anymore anyway.

0 Kudos