Menu
Chelleuk2016
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Email - Ntlworld.com account

Today i have suddenly had problems with my email account on Bluemail.

I keep receiving an error message stating sync failed,my username or password maybe incorrect, i have tried to log in via webmail but keep getting the same error message saying

Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

I have cleared all my data,web history and cookies but still no joy

I'm unsure why can longer access it any help would be appreciated 

Thank you 

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email - Ntlworld.com account

There really isn't enough information here to help properly so this will have to be some educated guesses. This may or not be connected to problems that others are experiencing. 

1. Accessing e-mail via VM's web mail screen?  Lots of issues connected with the resilience of the system. It isn't working at all well. Try another browser and/or keep refreshing the loading page.

2. Accessing e-mail via and e-mail client? Could be that your settings have got out whack. Please check them. Guidance here:

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...

3. You stopped being a VM BB customer sometime ago and VM have finally caught up and are in the process of finally closing down your address as it should have done 90 days after you left.

Come back to us if is none of these and we'll look again. Could be the VM back-end servers but I've no clear evidence of that at present.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Chelleuk2016
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have checked my settings and they are all correct, I've tried to repeatedly log in via the web mail and absolutely no joy at all regardless of which browser I use.
I'm wondering if it is the 3rd thing you mentioned as I did have an old account when I used to live at home and this was at my Mums address when she moved back in 2015 I closed the account. But I thought that the email address I used was connected to my own account. Is there a way of checking this?
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

And that is the address you are trying to use - the one you had at oiur Mum's address? You are almost certainly right. It has been discovered by VM to be an orphaned address (not connected to a live BB paid for account and so is in the process of being closed). You can check this if you ring VM and select option 1 - broadband faults which deals with e-mail issues. Or you can wait here for a Forum Team member to look at this thread and check for you. That'll take about a week. Whatever, if the address is still viable VM can join it to your current BB account and restore access.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Forgive me - why didn't you post confirmation that I was right about the cause of your problem back in this thread instead of joining it to another thread here. It would have been altogether more helpful to me and the rest of the community.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Settings-changes-Not-helpful-Locked-out-of-ntlworld-...

Your address has clearly become "orphaned" and VM's IT department will have to sort it. We have seen a spate of these recently so VM must be doing some clear-up work.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos
Chelleuk2016
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Howard,
I'm new to all this and was pm by the other person who asked me to post it.
VM didn't say it was orphaned as it was showing on both accounts but there is just a glitch and to be safe they are migrating it.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I should also retract a little. I understand the confusion that you can get into when posting across two or more threads. It looks helpful but often isn't particularly as it is entirely unclear in your case and that of ladydemetria that the problems are similar - same symptoms apparently but an entirely different underlying cause

The Superusers are looking for confirmation that ntlworld accounts have been give some attention by VM in the last few days and you seem to have provided that to some degree. So thank you for that.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
0 Kudos