Menu
AlanT2
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

E-mails from talktalk users

I have already posted this issue in a reply to another user, but would like to give it wider circulation.

I regularly send out e-mails to a distribution list of about 40 people who use a range of internet providers.  About a week ago e-mails sent to two of the people, the only ones who use talktalk, were returned to me after a couple of days marked 'undeliverable' and 'timed out'.  The same people receive e-mails sent by me to them using gmail accounts, and I have received e-mails from them to my ntlworld e-mail address.

I spoke to a Virginmedia adviser this afternoon and, after consulting colleagues, she told me that there is some sort of dispute between virginmedia and talktalk, and talk talk have 'blacklisted' e-mails sent from virginmedia servers.  Apparently, the two service providers are trying to resolve this dispute (I wasn't told what it is about) with a view to restoring the service between them, and we will be informed when it is all working again.

I would be interested to hear from anyone who knows more about this.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: E-mails from talktalk users

I think your title should have been e-mails to TalkTalk users.

I don't know whether it's down to a **bleep** for tat dispute, and if I were working for VM I definitely wouldn't have used the word dispute when describing what's happening.

Based on the amount of time it's taking for mails to come back, it looks as if TalkTalk are following Virgin Media in employing rate limiting on their inbound mail servers.  Virgin are raising this with their Postmaster who will no doubt be in contact with TalkTalk's over this at some point.  How long it will take to sort will depend on TalkTalk.  Hopefully they'll be more proactive than Virgin's have been.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I bet when you posted that phrase, (t i t-f o r-t a t), you didn't expect it to be censored!

What type of bird is that? It's a blue **bleep**.

What nuts do birds like? **bleep** like coconuts.

Whoever configured the anti-swearing software must be a right **bleep**!

I wonder about tittle- tattle, titfer (a hat), titular et all? No, they seem to be ok Smiley Frustrated

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hopefully it  is due to a technical issue and not a deliberate act in some “tіt for tat” scenario at the expense of customers.

0 Kudos
stuart4585
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, see my post just now and sent before I saw your post. My issue is exactly the same - failed emails to talktalk customers. I look forward to a resolution of the apparent dispute.

Stuart

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi AlanT2, 

Welcome to the forums, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble sending emails to Talk Talk customers. 

Please pop across the header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner). 

If you are using an email client try this link 

If you are using webmail try this one.

Once I have these details we will be able to investigate further. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi stuart4585, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have also been having trouble with emails being bounced from Talk Talk. 

If you could also pop some header examples across to me I will be able to investigate further. 

Speak to you soon. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos