Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5 (148 Views)

Create a new email address

I wanted to change the email address on my Virgin Media account to my new gmail account, but discovered it was only possible to do so by creating a new Virgin Media account. In doing this, I was told that the new account would initially have to be assigned a new email address at virginmedia.com, and having done this I would then be able to change the email address to the gmail address I originally wanted.

So having now set up and logged in to my new new Virgin Media account, I am presented with a screen which asks for a few more details to finish setting up the account. The first question asks whether I want to change the user-name: I select "Use another email address", but there is nowhere to enter my desired email address. Having completed the rest of the questions on the page, I get the message "Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again." Nothing is highlighted, but it is obviously complaining about the missing email address. 

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (51 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by wallig3147
yesterday

Re: Create a new email address

Hello wallig3147

I am sorry you are still having problems, we would be happy to change it for you, I will send you a forum private message to carry out some data protection checks etc and hopefully swap it for you.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5 (104 Views)

Hello wallig3147

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you were having problems registering and setting up your own login address. I wonder if the browser was working properly to display all the fields. At the moment it looks like you have a third party address registered *.ac.uk Is it okay for you now, is that what you would like?

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 5 (75 Views)

Dear Nicola_C. Thanks for your advice but it did not help at all. I tried two different browsers on two different computers but reach the same road block. All I want to do is change my email address as the one I had when I first signed up with Virgin Media is no longer working. Surely this must be possible?

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 5 (74 Views)

The third-party address ending in .ac.uk is the one which no longer works and which I now want to replace with my gmail account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5 (52 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by wallig3147
yesterday

Hello wallig3147

I am sorry you are still having problems, we would be happy to change it for you, I will send you a forum private message to carry out some data protection checks etc and hopefully swap it for you.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos