Menu
wallig3147
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Create a new email address

I wanted to change the email address on my Virgin Media account to my new gmail account, but discovered it was only possible to do so by creating a new Virgin Media account. In doing this, I was told that the new account would initially have to be assigned a new email address at virginmedia.com, and having done this I would then be able to change the email address to the gmail address I originally wanted.

So having now set up and logged in to my new new Virgin Media account, I am presented with a screen which asks for a few more details to finish setting up the account. The first question asks whether I want to change the user-name: I select "Use another email address", but there is nowhere to enter my desired email address. Having completed the rest of the questions on the page, I get the message "Some information is missing or incorrectly entered. Please check below and try again." Nothing is highlighted, but it is obviously complaining about the missing email address. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Create a new email address

Hello wallig3147

I am sorry you are still having problems, we would be happy to change it for you, I will send you a forum private message to carry out some data protection checks etc and hopefully swap it for you.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello wallig3147

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you were having problems registering and setting up your own login address. I wonder if the browser was working properly to display all the fields. At the moment it looks like you have a third party address registered *.ac.uk Is it okay for you now, is that what you would like?

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
wallig3147
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Dear Nicola_C. Thanks for your advice but it did not help at all. I tried two different browsers on two different computers but reach the same road block. All I want to do is change my email address as the one I had when I first signed up with Virgin Media is no longer working. Surely this must be possible?

0 Kudos
wallig3147
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The third-party address ending in .ac.uk is the one which no longer works and which I now want to replace with my gmail account.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello wallig3147

I am sorry you are still having problems, we would be happy to change it for you, I will send you a forum private message to carry out some data protection checks etc and hopefully swap it for you.

Thank you

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos