Menu
AndreaEdwards
Joining in
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Cannot send mail from iPad with ntlworld

Ok so I can send emails from my ntlworld email account from my iPhone but not my iPad. Same settings on both. It's been working fine for months but suddenly I can't send any emails today. I have tried everything and have been messing with it for 4 hours now. Why are there so many issues with ntlworld? Is it to try and get us to change to Virginmedia I wonder?!!
Digger40
Joining in
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: Cannot send mail from iPad with ntlworld

I have the same problem. Started about a year ago when any attempt to send a new email or reply to an email whilst not on my home wifi network resulted in a pop up telling me that either my NTL username or password were incorrect (which they weren't). However as soon as I was back on my home wifi the messages could be sent.  I decided to live with this as I could still receive emails whilst out and about and if I needed to send an email I could always use my icloud account. However, today, whilst at home I replied to an email and received the familiar pop up telling me my user name and/ or password were incorrect. I've tried deleting and reinstating the account but the problem persists. Not sure what I can do now to resolve the problem.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi AndreaEdwards,

Welcome and thanks for posting with us. I'm sorry to hear you've had some trouble with sending emails from your ntlworld account on your iPad.

We've seen some examples over the weekend of this type of issue and we think it may be tied into an update the iPads have had. One of the recommendations is to change the outgoing server to our smtp.virginmedia.com server and see if this helps. I'd also recommend having a look at our email help page Using Virgin Media Mail with Email clients as this has all the settings in case you need to remove and readd the account.

Let me know how you get on.

Kind regards

Stephen_B
Community Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
ten-tenths
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Nope, none of that works. 

settings on iPad are all as recommended settings and changing to smtp.virginmedia.com doesn't help, that results in a message saying that smtp. virginmedia.com may not be able to send emails.......!

why can no one at VM just own up and say they have messed up rather than leaving it to your customers to fix your problems ?

Jon

0 Kudos
Neilwillis
Joining in
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Dear VM - Is this anything to do with the expansion of Broadband allowing WiFi away from home ? 

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neilwillis,

Thanks for the post, interesting theory, however the Wi-fi sharing side of things has no bearing on the email platform, the sending problems from last week may have been related to mail platform issues, these have now been resolved.

If problems still persist sending mail on the iPad these are now likely to be settings related if working okay on other devices.

Kind Rgds

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
Sammyl
Joining in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Dear VM,

I noticed that "cannot send emails" on the issue status report yesterday or 2 days ago (I am in the USA at the moment). It could reply and send emails out when I arrived the states few days ago. But after the issue although it says it has been solved out, I can't send emails from my iPad any more. I have checked forums and have followed the instructions. But no luck.

Please help.  Sammy

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sammy,

Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the community, though sorry to hear of the email troubles, there was a problem identified late last Friday early Saturday that affected sending email using IMAP but this issue has now recovered.

Are you able to send and receive via Virgin webmail okay?

If this is working I would just double check the outgoing mail settings on the iPad and make sure these are as those in linked help article.

Keep us posted.

Ralph_R
Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
Sammyl
Joining in
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Dear Ralph, I can receive emails. Unfortunately, I still can't send emails out or reply existing emails. I have check the details in the link that you provided. At the moment my imap & stmp are pointing to virginmedia.com as in the setting link. However, my email is ntlworld.com, does it required different settings? best regards, Sammy

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Is stmp a misspelling or is that what's entered as it should be smtp?

Virginia/Doctor9fan. If I have helped please give me Kudos.
0 Kudos