Menu
davidsusername
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Can't access email

Dear Support community,

I signed up to virgin mail many years ago (1997) and unfortunately no longer have an account with virgin media (due to moving abroad), but did retain my email address. Recently I had to change my password, but (oops) don't remember the new one. I tried resetting my password, but - My security details are not recognized, and I don't have any recent bills to refer to in order to reset my password. I have a lot of important emails on this account. Can I recover them in any way, or are they forever lost?

Please can you help?

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Can't access email

As you don't have a broadband account with Virgin Media you are not entitled to a virgin media email address.  Many old virgin email addresses from the dial up days have been working long after they should have been closed down.  Recently VM have been having a purge on these accounts so that might explain why you can no longer access it.

You can check if the email address is still working by entering it into this third party site: http://verify-email.org/

If that shows it is active then you might be able to get help from VM to regain access.  You would have to ring in and just hold on ignoring all requests to enter details and you should get through to an agent. The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).