Menu
doberman1967
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Additional email addresses

I have an @ntlworld.com email address and have just added two new email accounts, both have @virginmedia.com addresses. No email is coming through on webmail and I have been unsuccessful in adding them in Outlook. I used all the recommended settings from the website. When attempting to add in webmail I got error messages about invalid settings, the same when I set up in Outlook. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
doberman1967
Joining in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Adding email addresses

I have an ntlworld.com account and today have added two new emails both ending in virginmedia.com. Now I cannot add them to either webmail or Outlook even though I have followed all the instructions and settings I have found here. I have been at it hours. Can anybody help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Adding email addresses

Welcome to the Forum.  I have merged your two posts on the same issue into one thread.  It just complicates the way the forum works if you  make multiple posts on the same issue.

VirginMedia webmail is having major issues at present so that probably explains why you cannot add the new accounts to your ntlworld account webpage.  Outlook.com is also having issues.

Not clear from your posts if you are using outlook.com webmail or are using the MS Outlook email client or mobile app.  Which is it? 

If it is the email client what error messages are you getting?  Don't post the first part of the email address contained in any error message.

doberman1967
Joining in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I am using an email client. When it tries to auto configure it cannot find my new email address settings...... If I set up manually and Test Settings it cannot find my new email address settings. 

I have input the password I created for the new email address which is different than my ntlworld account. Will this be affect it?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

doberman1967 wrote:

I am using an email client. When it tries to auto configure it cannot find my new email address settings...... If I set up manually and Test Settings it cannot find my new email address settings. 

I have input the password I created for the new email address which is different than my ntlworld account. Will this be affect it?

This is a guess, but I wonder if the new email account set up process on VM is affected by the ongoing email issues.  Suggest you wait 24 hours and try again.

doberman1967
Joining in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The error I get on Virgin webmail is

Validation of server imap.virginmedia.com failed due to invalid credentials
0 Kudos
doberman1967
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The email addresses are showing in Virgin webmail and I have sent test emails from another account and they are now coming through.

But on the email client when configuring it establishes a network connection and searches for my xxxxx@virginmedia.com settings but fails to find them. It searches for mail server settings but fails every time. Do I need to add them  or will they flow through from the parent xxxx@ntlworld.com account? (They are not currently showing in my Outlook email client.)

0 Kudos
doberman1967
Joining in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

The Outlook email client error message I get is:

Log onto incoming mail server (IMAP): Your server unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes include server problems, network problems or a long period of inactivity.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

In the Outlook client I suggest you check that the settings match those listed in this thread: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-settings-change/m-p/3369438#U3369438

doberman1967
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes they match those. Still no joy.

0 Kudos