Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
Elspuddy

virgin media freedom netbook driver ?

hi

i'v just uninstalled some spyware programs from my sisters netbook and some how the wifi driver has gone missing and it does not seem to be on the hard drive, any one know where i can find the drivers for this ?

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Re: virgin media freedom netbook driver ?

Most netbooks, laptops and PC motherboards are supplied with chipset drivers on CD/DVD in case of a rebuild being requred, I don't know if this is the case with the Virgin provided netbooks though.

Some netbooks, laptops and PC's are built with a recovery partition (hidden) which will rebuild the computer to its default condition (the state you first received it in) when one of the function keys is pressed during the boot process (F10 for example). Again I don't know if this is the case with Virgin.

If you can identify the WiFi chipset used in the VM Freedom netbook you should be able to find the appropriate drivers on the web, if not, you may have to contact the Virgin helpdesk and ask if they have the drivers available for download.... good luck to you if you have to go down that route!

As a first stop, try here for drivers:- http://www.diskdepot.co.uk/blog/index.php/virgin-media-freedom-device-drivers/ which (apparently) includes 

• Audio
  • Chipset
  • EventService
  • Graphic
  • LAN
  • Touchpad, and
  • Wireless

Large file, approx. 64 megabytes

I have no personal knowledge as to the veracity of the above drivers, and any and all actions are taken at your own risk.

--------------------
I used to answer questions, but now I question instead. Guess why.
I'm not paranoid, they are watching.
Kudos: Users giveth and VM taketh away.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
pagdodd

You can find the drivers on my website.

www.virginmediafreedom.co.uk

Have you seen my UnOfficial Virgin Media Freedom Netbook site?
Go to http://www.virginmediafreedom.co.uk
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jimensue

Hi there I can't seem to enter your website as it is asking for a username and password unsecurely I don't know what username and password to use. Please could you help me.

Many thanks

Jim

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

Check post No.2 in this thread, two posts up from yours, and you'll find a link from which the drivers are available - without a username or password.

--------------------
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
jimensue

Hi thanks,

I've got it but the page it redirects to says to install "Vista_Win7_R236 file" but I can't seem to find that one within the download bundle.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

Please use plain text.
Fix-a-Lot
Sololobo

jimensue wrote:

Hi thanks,

I've got it but the page it redirects to says to install "Vista_Win7_R236 file" but I can't seem to find that one within the download bundle.

Any help would be gratefully appreciated.

Many thanks

That file is not within the download package, it's a separate download which can be found here: http://www.download3k.com/Install-Realtek-HD-ALC-880-Audio-CODECs.html

--------------------
Please use plain text.