Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
GordonP
Helpful Answer

problems with VM anti virus scan

My Virgin Media anti virus scan is causing serious slowdown problems. Everything else just freezes when it's running to the point where I can't even stop the scan without forcing a manual shutdown of my computer by holding the on/off button. There appears no option within anti virus setup to completely eliminate the "sheduled scan" in favour of a completely manual scan (the scan automatically kicks in every friday morning even though there is no instruction for this in the shedule preferences). I have a Medion Akoya P53012 computer which is only just over 1 year old. I'm hoping that there is someone out there who can help! I would be very grateful.

Thank

GordonP

Please use plain text.
Super-Solver
Trickiejohn

Re: problems with VM anti virus scan

Press ctrl/ald/delete then choose, start task manager, then choose proccesses, then choose set proirity and choose low priority.

Or change the time to when you will have the pc on but not in use :smileyhappy:

From Sunny Glasgow
if you want to say thanks click 'kudos' and if this has answered your question click 'helpful answer'
Please use plain text.
Superuser
canveyboy

Or you could uninstall the VM anti spyware and get a free version of avg antivirus and get a spyware / malware remover as well such as superantispyware, spybot search & Destry or malwarebytes (all free) and better than VM's stuff as the VM stuff as you have found out can grind even high spec PC's to a crawl.

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
GordonP

Thanks for your help. Sorry I haven't been in touch before now but I've been away from computer for a while.

Regards

GordonP

Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
DaleTech

Hi GordonP,

May i suggest getting in touch with our phone BBI support teams, generally they can help you to remove the program just incase you had a corrupt install when you downloaded VM Security, when re-installing, hopefully your problem should be resolved, if not, our agents will be able to do a few checks with you before escalating the software issue if the situation calls for it,

Thanks

Dale

Dale

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions I post here are my own.
Please use plain text.