Menu
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Open box reported 6 times!

Hi can anyone help please?

I've got an open box outside which looks like someone has it with a car??? I've tried reporting it 6 times and its still not been repaired.  because no one was coming out we thought it might be BT not virgin but their engineer came out day after we reported and confirmed it was virgin.  I've had 4 conversations with contact centre, one attempt on the automated tel reporting service and sent an email. Only ever had one reference number text to me (after automated report) but its still there bent over and filling with water!

any advice would be great as my TV screen on and off pixelated and ius driving me mad.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Open box reported 6 times!

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will answer this and take some details but they are taking about a week to reply to posts at the moment.

In the meantime it would be helpful if you could just clarify what type of box you are talking about.  Is it the small brown box attached to your property where the VM cable enters or are you referring to one of the large street cabinets?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @pikepikepike not sure how you've reported it in the past if you could fill in -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZON... since it will take close to a week for a forum admin to pick this up
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi thanks for replying - its a small green box about 40cm high but there's no serial number on it. The BT engineer said its deffo a Virgin one though. I will try and attach a photo as you can see all the wires etc... (not sure how to do this so it might take a while.

0 Kudos
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath thanks but it has actually just been sorted. I came home to find a new cover has been put on it 😊.
Not sure why they finally decided to respond to our multiple requests over the last 2 months but they did so I'm happy. Thanks everyone else who also replied
0 Kudos

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hopefully a member of the Forum Team will answer this and take some details but they are taking about a week to reply to posts at the moment.

In the meantime it would be helpful if you could just clarify what type of box you are talking about.  Is it the small brown box attached to your property where the VM cable enters or are you referring to one of the large street cabinets?

Electron
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @pikepikepike not sure how you've reported it in the past if you could fill in -> https://help.virginmedia.com/system/selfservice.controller?CONFIGURATION=1001&PARTITION_ID=1&TIMEZON... since it will take close to a week for a forum admin to pick this up
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hi thanks for replying - its a small green box about 40cm high but there's no serial number on it. The BT engineer said its deffo a Virgin one though. I will try and attach a photo as you can see all the wires etc... (not sure how to do this so it might take a while.

0 Kudos
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

thanks I will certainly give it a try.

0 Kudos
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

IMG_20161118_121955.jpg

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi pikepikepike, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your reports haven't been forthcoming. 

I'm more than happy to take a look at this for you. 

Can you report the issue using this form here: Reporting a Damaged Cabinet

Once you've filled in the form you will be given a reference number. Pop that to me here and I'll be able to raise this up further Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
pikepikepike
Tuning in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Kath thanks but it has actually just been sorted. I came home to find a new cover has been put on it 😊.
Not sure why they finally decided to respond to our multiple requests over the last 2 months but they did so I'm happy. Thanks everyone else who also replied
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

That's great news pikepikepike Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Kath_F wrote:

That's great news pikepikepike Smiley Happy

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

Just don't tell her your name Pike.      Smiley LOL

Electron
0 Kudos