Menu
cazziebabe
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

OOOOOOOOO how Rude

I've moaned two days on the trot about the rubbish Virgin email server. I have i admit used a couple of very mild derogatory terms for the server and the people operating it, These were both censored ,  and the amount of stars used makes it look like I've called them something MUCH ruder. That's fine by me.

0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: OOOOOOOOO how Rude

cazziebabe wrote:

I've moaned two days on the trot about the rubbish Virgin email server. I have i admit used a couple of very mild derogatory terms for the server and the people operating it, These were both censored ,  and the amount of stars used makes it look like I've called them something MUCH ruder. That's fine by me.

You will find that VM, including the Forum team, ignore problems for days, weeks, even months but should you dare say something naughty, the Censorship team will be on your case in minutes.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

cazziebabe wrote:

You will find that VM, including the Forum team, ignore problems for days, weeks, even months but should you dare say something naughty, the Censorship team will be on your case in minutes.

Frank, as I have previously stated, this is a DELIBERATE ploy to make people stop asking questions, and to make the forum teams life easier,  also, in the hope that either the poster will give up, or someone from the community will answer the post, saving the forum staff from having to do anything...

Regarding 'censoring within seconds' it's obvious that it's FAR, FAR more important to remove naughty words than it is to actually HELP someone now isn't it?? Smiley Tongue

3 weeks now to actually get any sort of answer, (if you are lucky!!) is about the timescale that VM work to...and apparently LG are working hard to improve that, it will soon be 4 weeks!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

frank_gm wrote:

cazziebabe wrote:

Frank, as I have previously stated, this is a DELIBERATE ploy to make people stop asking questions, and to make the forum teams life easier,  also, in the hope that either the poster will give up, or someone from the community will answer the post, saving the forum staff from having to do anything...

Regarding 'censoring within seconds' it's obvious that it's FAR, FAR more important to remove naughty words than it is to actually HELP someone now isn't it?? Smiley Tongue

3 weeks now to actually get any sort of answer, (if you are lucky!!) is about the timescale that VM work to...and apparently LG are working hard to improve that, it will soon be 4 weeks!!  Smiley Very HappySmiley Very Happy

Look on the bright side, when they do turn up it'll be Awesome, Fabulous, Orgasmic, and Superb.    Smiley LOL

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

Look on the bright side, when they do turn up it'll be Awesome, Fabulous, Orgasmic, and Superb.    Smiley LOL

As an example of this look at the TV forum today. Almost every response from the Forum team has at least one smiley and there is also the occasional fab.

Oh so you haven't had any services for three months and we have doubled your bill but we have an estimated fix time for you of 30/06/2017. It would be fab if you just kept on paying us for this non-delivery of services. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
HughJarsse
Well-informed
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

frank_gm wrote:

Dave_cq wrote:

As an example of this look at the TV forum today. Almost every response from the Forum team has at least one smiley and there is also the occasional fab.

Oh so you haven't had any services for three months and we have doubled your bill but we have an estimated fix time for you of 30/06/2017. It would be fab if you just kept on paying us for this non-delivery of services. Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy  Smiley Happy

Frank, you forgot the obligatory ending,

'Have a nice day, and if there's anything else we can help with, please get in touch!!!'

Hopefully there will be a 'new' script in the next few months, this ones worn a bit thin now...Smiley Happy

PS, there is no 'fix' time, Frank, as well you know, only a 'review' where the senior staff all sit round the table, laugh at the current state of affairs in the affected area and agree that the customers should suffer 'at least another 3 months of this, so new review date now moved 3 months' and then move on to the next one...Jolly good fun, What??  Smiley Tongue

frank_gm
Community elder
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

HughJarsse wrote:

Frank, you forgot the obligatory ending,

'Have a nice day, and if there's anything else we can help with, please get in touch!!!'

Hopefully there will be a 'new' script in the next few months, this ones worn a bit thin now...Smiley Happy

It really irritates me when I read a response, twelve or fourteen days after the initial post, which provides no help but only the same question, do you still need help and, even if the OP responds immediately, no help will be provided for another week or two. 

¡No Pasarán!
Community Lead
Community Lead
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There are certain words that we don't allow on the community (see The Dont's: Rude language is not tolerated)

For that reason, they are replaced with a **bleep** automatically by the forum software when they are posted.

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

James_W wrote:

There are certain words that we don't allow on the community (see The Dont's: Rude language is not tolerated)

For that reason, they are replaced with a **bleep** automatically by the forum software when they are posted.

Can you add 'Awesome' to the list please.    Smiley Wink

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

James_W wrote:

Can you add 'Awesome' to the list please.    Smiley Wink

An excellent riposte to the usual Censorship team nonsense that effectively ignores the various valid points raised in the thread. 

But then ignoring customers seems to be the primary function of these forums nowadays.

¡No Pasarán!