Menu
cantgetridofu
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Long live Sky TV!

Thank god we have an alternative to rubbish Virgin Media. Worse mistake I ever made was to sign up to Virgin. Impossible to get rid of them, using the usual scam tactics widely known they use, to keep you tied up..even when you've already gone to Sky. Wow, what a nasty, scammy company Virgin is. So susrprised it's still in business and the government allows them to trade. That's a warning to anyone thinking of joining the scam company called Virgin. STAY AWAY...!!!

Back to Sky and couldn't be happier...asked Virgin about the wires they said to leave them in case I go back to Virgin, I answered I will cut them and bit them.

J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long live Sky TV!

Good luck, neither company are perfect, both suffer from lack of staff training, insufficient staff, poor complaints procedure, broadband over utilization, expensive services and Sky have one big issue. You own the kit, it's repaired at your cost /insurance (Sky Q excepted, but that will change long term)
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I left Sky to join Virgin and I am very happy I did. Sky service was terrible not to mention bad TV as soon as there was a cloud in the sky! But worst of all was trying to call them to cancel my contract. The man was literally shouting at me down the line. 'Why do you want 50Mb?' (much higher now) what business was it of his? Why do you want to cancel? I had already explained that clearly and concisely a few times. I never got anywhere near the speeds I was paying for the CS was terrible and losing TV cos it rained was just the icing on the cake.

Seriously though the man was screaming at me on the phone because I wanted to cancel.

With Virgin I have the 200 Gamer and I get above the speeds I pay for and TV without interruption for weather is great. 

0 Kudos
Fizban100
Tuning in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sky and Virgin are both great until you have an issue. That's when  you find out just how awful both of them really are. 

I just wish I didn't need broadband. I'd happily live without either of them. All they are interested in is your money. 

SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ah, Sky, signed up for virgin/ntl when it first came to ts11, cancelled sky with a bit of hoohaa, cheeky gits charge me 3mth extra then to me to court when I didn't pay, many moons later they ring up asking me to go back, when I said no they came very aggresive, sadly I resorted to a bit of profanity, then hung up

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Rising star
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes I got the aggressiveness too.. hardly the way to retain or get new customers.

0 Kudos
SantaFeFan
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Same aggression came from BT sales, why do you want 50meg?, when I told her it ain't up our end of town till next year the line went dead,dipssticks

0 Kudos
bragglen
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been with Virgin for years.  Apart from the price hikes (wish they would reward loyalty rather than new customers!)  and then the yearly haggle at getting the price back down to what's reasonable I've always been pleased with their service.

0 Kudos
Dave606
Fibre optic
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In all honesty, for the vast majority of the time I've been very happy with the service side of things.  So I was rather reluctant when we made the decision to say enough is enough when we made the decision to hand our termination notice in last week solely and only ever down to the price rises against what we was paying, against what new customers can get.  Would VM ever have said look, near out of contract, or out contract etc but we will fix your price guaranteed for the next 12\18 months at today's pre price rise prices in return for a new 12\18 month contract, well we would have took that and been an happy customer for the next 12\18 months.

But the crap I had to listen to and VM's best retentions, loyal customer offer of only ever offsetting the price rise for 6 months in return for a new 18 month contract where I'd have to accept the rise for 12 months after that falling well, well short of any decent loyalty offer in return for a new contract.

So listen here VM, I care not in the slightest for loyalty in the slightest after all this for the way I and growing numbers are being treated and taken for granted against new customers.  By this time tomorrow I'll have agreed a new contract with either BT or TalkTalk as their new customer offers with gifts and cash back offers come in at as little as £13per month to no more than about £23 per month at the very most for the same package (fibre broadband & line rental) you want to charge a lot more for with loyal customers. So unless you get back to me by early afternoon tomorrow with a decent genuine last minute offer please don't bother calling at all!.

LilMo
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I too have had terrible issues just lately over mobile phones irony of it all was they rang me I never would have. I go into town to their shop and sort out mobiles there much easier.
Our VM bill every month is only a few £ short of £100 ridiculas. We are going to inquire about Sky as our son recently moved to Sky from VM and his monthly bill is half of what he was paying.
0 Kudos