Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I cannot find how to close this VM community account as it's pointless and childish

Where is the "Close Account" link for removing myself from the "virgin media I need a badge community"?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot find how to close this VM community account as it's pointless and childish

there isn't a delete button, you edit your accounts notifications to never for everything so wouldn't get any messages from the community, the forum mods might be able to suspend your account, this will thread/message will get a reply in a day or so by them.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: I cannot find how to close this VM community account as it's pointless and childish

That's sort of useful. Would it be quicker to just keep posting lots of swear words as I would rather it be suspended than open and still associated with me?

I know it seems harsh, but it makes me really angry with myself for not checking first if the site was worth joining, I cannot stand and will not tolerate the condescending badge nonsense.  I write my own script, I don't appreciate insulting nonsense, and the last thing I need is a badge. They are for shop workers and the Police, which I am neither.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

you can turn off:Badges I earn in the notifications settings, as for getting your account banned for swearing wouldn't recommend it since within virginmedia terms and conditions
1. You are responsible for the way the equipment and services are used. You must not do any of the following acts or allow anyone else to do the following acts in relation to the equipment and/or services:
"1. send a message or communication that is offensive, abusive, defamatory (damages someone's reputation), obscene, menacing or illegal;"
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

unsecureitems wrote:

Where is the "Close Account" link for removing myself from the "virgin media I need a badge community"?

If you can find the link they'll give you badge.    Smiley Wink

********** SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - 70Mbit Service ***********

Electron
0 Kudos
steelysteph
Superfast
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just auto delete any emails from the forum.

0 Kudos
Sephiroth
Alessandro Volta
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

583538 wrote:

That's sort of useful. Would it be quicker to just keep posting lots of swear words as I would rather it be suspended than open and still associated with me?

I know it seems harsh, but it makes me really angry with myself for not checking first if the site was worth joining, I cannot stand and will not tolerate the condescending badge nonsense.  I write my own script, I don't appreciate insulting nonsense, and the last thing I need is a badge. They are for shop workers and the Police, which I am neither.

A lot of people, including me, agree with your disdain for the "badge nonsense".  It has been created by a bunch yah-OKs who have little concept of what matters.

But, if you chuck in your account, you're tilting at all the Community members who are here to help when things go wrong, including for you. Do think again about this and by all means have a tilt at the ridiculous badge system. 

Btw, put up with the badges and ranks for long enough and you'll get to be an Alessandro Howzyerfather like me!

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)