Menu
ewanjoguykatie
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

How do I check web usage

Morning, here a stupid question, I have been on holiday for 2 weeks and my teenage son was supposed to be staying at his grans, he however has been here. Is there anywhere I can check the web usage in the house, to prove he was here?? Naughty, I know but I need evidence, before he is grounded for the rest of the summer!!!

0 Kudos
shanematthews
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I check web usage

ewanjoguykatie wrote:

Morning, here a stupid question, I have been on holiday for 2 weeks and my teenage son was supposed to be staying at his grans, he however has been here. Is there anywhere I can check the web usage in the house, to prove he was here?? Naughty, I know but I need evidence, before he is grounded for the rest of the summer!!!

The superhub has a very basic activity monitor built in to it head over to (http://192.168.0.1/device_connection_status.html) after logging in, however this counter has been known to be massively incorrect so really shouldn't be taken as fact and it will only show bandwidth used not who used it and when, also its only of value if you know what the bandwidth use was sitting at before you went away, which i'm guessing you don't as you probably didn't know this page existed.

So long and short there really isn't a way to know for sure without having previously installed tools to monitor each individual PC's bandwidth usage

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I check web usage

hiya @ewanjoguykatie welcome to the virginmedia community forum, you could call up broadband support and they might be able to check for bandwidth usage on your account.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos