Menu
paulgrace
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

CATV manhole/wire issue

Hoping for some help/advice please, I was not sure what board to post this on.

We are in the process of replacing some of the brick walls outside the front of the house, while looking at the walls in detail I seen what is displayed in the photos below on one of the walls. It seems the wires have been fitted into a cover on the wall from next to the CATV manhole. Am not sure when this happened as we have been in the house for six months so it could of been when we had virgin media installed when we moved in but it is more than likely it was done when the previous owner lived here. Its only because we was inspecting the walls that we noticed it.

As we are wanting to get the wall knocked down is there a way to get this removed off the wall and put into the manhole were they should be?

Also the CATV manhole cover is not secure on the floor as i touched it slightly and it moved and i could see exposed wires. This is a public pavement so anybody could walk over this...

Any help and advice is appreciated

(sorry the pictures are sideways)

image1.jpgimage2.jpg

image1.JPG

0 Kudos
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: CATV manhole/wire issue

the photos dont show for me ?

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
paulgrace
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have reposted the picture from another device in the hope it will work for you.
pyrotenax
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

paulgrace wrote:
I have reposted the picture from another device in the hope it will work for you.
I think the pics need moderator approval before they show ? I could be wrong though Smiley Happy

Running ASUS RT-AC88U with Asuswrt-Merlin firmware
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Looks like empty trunking?

Is there a wire coming out of the other side of the wall?

0 Kudos
paulgrace
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

There is no wire coming out of the other side of the wall.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

if there is no wire in the trunking you can just remove it if there is a cable in you'll need vm to remove it as you can't just cut it
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Take a screwdriver to one side of one of the legs of the L shape. Loosen the screws.  Prise it up. Im guessing there's no cable there. If there is, phone in and tell them what your planning.

0 Kudos
paulgrace
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have noticed there is a wire going into next doors front garden so it must be feeding there house....
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

paulgrace wrote:
I have noticed there is a wire going into next doors front garden so it must be feeding there house....

Many service "Tee's" are placed on boundaries between terraced or semi- det properties, so that they can be used for both properties. It was a cost saving measure on the original infrastructure builds.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos