Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
ricky88

Ridiculously slow broadband and very poor customer service

I live in Nottingham (NG7 1RU) and have a Virgin Media National Broadband 8mb package.

Daytime speed is around 1mb/s-1.9mb/s.

However, evening speed (every evening) is only 0.1-02mb/s - it's driving me insane!

I have phoned and emailed customer services on numerous occasions and am getting no where! What do I do?

I have carried out a number of BT SpeedTests and in the daytime the results show in the green area, whereas in the evening the results show in the red area - clearly something is wrong!

Please use plain text.
Making Waves
petesabout

Re: Ridiculously slow broadband and very poor customer service

it's no better here in basingstoke either buddy,  at least you get a lightening fast daytime speed.

I say that i jest as that is poor, but i get nothing better than .2 from 8am onwards.

Not sure what time it picks up speed but it is now 11:10 pm and it just took 19mins 50 secs to download a 32mb file from nokia. Painful, utterly painful.

Whilst downloading that, i couldn't get another page to load!

How on earth are we meant to make use of todays technology with speeds like this?

Online gaming.... Forget it. video streaming, don't even go there.

I have now reduced my unlimited download package to just 10gb a month as i really can't see me being able to download any more than that if i left my pc running 24 hours a day.

I have been with this setup 2 months and to be honest, i just feel like cancelling the whole lot and just downloading everything i want from work.

Customer service!!!. nothing on the website works. goto online chat and it's allways out for maintenance. when it does get through that bit, a button that you're supposed to click on isn't there.

It's not Virgins fault i know as it's a BT line, but boy, virgins top of the shop reputation is gonna take a right bashing fron this national broadband over phoneline **bleep**e.

They check your line for speeds at 3am and then bs you by saying it tested at 6mbs.

Yeah like we can all make use of that can't we.

Every broadband supplier should be FORCED  by LAW is to take a speed test at 6pm.

That should be the deciding speed and then they can tell you that at certain times you may get lucky and find it may get faster. Anyone listening  from parliament here?

If our government weren't so busy blowing all our Billions on sending troops out to get mamed,masacred and murdered, every household in the uk could have a minimum of 20mbs and still have change to send everyone a christmas card with a macdonalds voucher inside.

Anyhow Virgin Media............. you have to do something here, because this is rediculous!!!!

Hey, it's now 11:25 pm and here's a speed test.

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/download/

5mb file ........... 1min 8 secs.            1min 49 secs. ooh it's racing along now.

cheers virgin. cheers.

Please use plain text.
ricky88

Update:

I phoned Virgin Media Technical Support on 27 October (evening). After waiting in a 30 minutes queue I spoke to a Virgin Media representative. The Virgin Media representative said that I needed to carry out some more BT Speedtester tests before a fault could be logged onto the system. The Virgin Media representative told me that he would call me back the next day (28th October) at 9pm.

Yesterday (28th October), I waited for a phone call but didn't get one. So, I phoned Virgin Media Technical support. After waiting in a 45 minute queue I spoke to a Virgin Media representative. I explained that I had completed more BT Speedtester results and also gave a number of speed results over the phone. The Virgin Media representative logged a fault on the system and I was informed that I would receive a call the next day (29 October) but I haven't.

Today (29 October) I'm in a queue to get through to Virgin Media Technical support - 25 minutes and waiting.

How many hours and I going to waste trying to resolve the issue?!?!

When will I be getting a usable internet speed?!?!

Please use plain text.
ricky88

Further update:

I got through after waiting 30 minutes. The Virgin Media Representative told me the fault was logged yesterday and it can take up to 5 days to receive a phone call to take the issue further.  Yesterday I was told I'd get a phone call today, and then today I was told it can take up to 5 days - once again, poor customer service!

I asked to speak to a manager. After waiting on hold for around 10 minutes, the line went quiet and then cut off.

Very frustrating!

:smileymad:

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
National_BB

Hi   ricky88

Private  message has been sent to  request further information to try and resolve  issue

Ian

Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Brainbox
National_BB

Hi   petesabout

Private  message has been sent to  request further information to try and resolve  issue

Ian

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
Kalekylssen

[ Edited ]

Having the same problems here, starting to think cancelling my contract is best way to go, even if i do have to fork out over £70 cancellation fee. Just done a speed test and got the following result, not on when am paying upto 8mb and should be recieving at least 2.5!!

Please use plain text.
Clever-clogs
NittyGritty

glad to see i aint the only one having the same problem, in the day time everything is fine, good speeds/downloads etc, but come the dreaded 5pm time its like being back on dial up years ago, takes ages for web pages to load,

when i was with orange 2 months ago before i moved to virgin i had no problems whatsoever, i thought id move to virgin as they had a good deal , now in touch with ofcom to see if i can get out of my contract due to these pathetic speeds after tea time

http://www.speedtest.net/result/606558976.png

sort yourself out virgin as i wont be the only one you will lose through this problem you have over 300 odd posts if that doesnt tell you theres a problem then you really do deserve to lose us

Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
imscrewed

Hi all do like the rest of us in the rapidshare thread and join another ISP, you will soon get your money back from the frustrating phone call you will not have to make as VM will never phone you back

Please use plain text.
Padawan
Wraith

[ Edited ]

9am(ish)-1am(ish) speeds like this.

1am(ish)-9am(ish) speeds like this.

So far VM have to come up with anything, even the Service status page says everything is fine.

VM should change its branding to OM Ostrich Media,We never have problems with customers, we bury our heads in the sand until they go away.

Please use plain text.