cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled O2 Sim

Initiale
On our wavelength

Hi I have a Volt package but have been paying separately for an O2 sim as I was told I could not have a SIM as part of the package. I received  the following: We're sorry you've chosen to leave O2. Just so you know, this means you'll no longer get the supercharged benefits you're currently getting with your Virgin Media products. To find out more go to www.o2.co.uk/myo2 or contact us.

Surely as I never had the Sim on the package as I had to pay separately how can this mean I lose the other benefits?

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Initiale 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns with cancelling your O2 SIM. 

You must be a customer of both Virgin Media and O2 to be entitled to the Volt benefits. If you were to cancel your O2 SIM and there was no other O2 SIM registered to the same address as your Virgin Media service, then this would in turn remove any applicable Volt benefits from both packages. 

Though the O2 SIM is billed separately, the SIM is registered to your Virgin Media account to active the Volt benefits. Without an active O2 SIM registered to your Virgin Media account, you wouldn't be eligible for the Volt benefits anymore and these would be removed. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley