cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Total loss of service for 8 weeks

FlyingBear4
Joining in

Hello community, 

I feel like this is the last turn to take and I hope someone can help.

case reference: C-2509241726

We haven’t had internet since our contract started 8 weeks ago.

we have had 4 technicians visit, each one said they can’t help.

we’ve spent 165 minutes on the phone to Virgin media help center over 15 different conversations.

Countless e-mails backward and forward with the email resolutions team I expect close to 20.

In the first days of the issue the problem was promised to be fixed on 18th September.

now we are 8 weeks down the line and I am pulling my hair out. No one can give me a real answer of what the next steps are.

we work from home and the data on our mobile phones keeps running out and only provides a poor connection.

every call or email or WhatsApp with the Virgin media help team we have to start the story new, telling the person the situation and then they basically say oh just wait longer or oh I’ll send a technician, but none of these solutions are working, we have been so so so patient but I honestly don’t know how I can wait any longer.

i need to know what is happening and when I will have my internet finally!

One excuse we have heard is that the cables under the road / pavement have been cut, but our Neighbour 2 doors down has a Virgin media connection working fine.

This topic has consumed my life for far too long with a repulsive customer service, this case has been handled disgracefully by any standards, let alone a reputable company.

please someone, look into the case properly and help me find a solution.

3 REPLIES 3

Cardiffman282
Problem sorter

Do make sure you secure your full automatic compensation payout here. Link is below. 

---------------
Cancel VM here
Complain to VM
here
Demand compensation from VM here
Demand your call recordings here
Monitor the state of your VM connection here

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately your story is repeated over and over again on here. When the delay gets to 8 weeks it may well be to do with VM and the cable contractor arguing over costs of the job.

You may get connected soon or you may have to wait many more months. Unfortunately no one at VM actually knows. From many past topics on here, it seems that once the contractor is given the job they are just left to get on with it. If VM has any involvement it seems to be at arms length.

Some have reported kick starting a stuck installation by emailing the VM CEO (find the address online, it will get removed if posted on here) which gets relayed to an executive team within VM. As with all things VM though, it is hit and miss if that works or not.

For those with the longest delays, some have even installed an Openreach connection on a rolling monthly contract until VM gets up and running. Try this

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/packages

enter your postcode and filter by contract length to see what you might be able to get. Do your own research though for other providers and do look into the T&Cs before signing up for anything, to make sure it is suitable for you, but it may be a better option than mobile if your have to wait even longer for VM.

Also keep very accurate records of everything and VM's failures to install. You will be eligible for compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

but topics on here routinely describe VM trying to dodge paying what is due so you may need to go to arbitration to get paid. Useful tips in the topic below on that

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/compensation-for-delay-in-broadband-insta...

Good luck!

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey FlyingBear4, thank you for reaching out and a very warm welcome to the community.

I am so sorry to hear you've had no connection.

I've taken a look and it looks like you've spoke to the team since this post, did the team manage to help at all?

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?