cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self installation delivery

James464
Joining in

Hi,

So I'm due to move in to my new flat on the 9th. I set up and signed up for virgin internet on the 3rd, and when doing so it allowed me to choose the 9th for delivery, great. 

The following day I get an email saying it's been changed to the 16th at 8am. Well that's a week later and I'm working all week so that's no good. 

It's completely unacceptable that they fully lie to you about delivery/setup dates in order to get you to sign up and agree to give them your money. Then once you have it's "oh sorry we can't do that, here do this instead". 

Do they not realise people can't live in their new home without internet? Utterly ridiculous 

2 REPLIES 2

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's their standard procedure I'm afraid. They promise an early date to get you signed up, then decide if they can deliver. You're fortunate that they promised self installation, which means there is an existing cable to the street. Otherwise you would find a delay of weeks or months.

You may to entitled to some compensation, but it won't cover the loss of a week's income. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @James464 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums. Apologies for the issues you are having with a home delivery. In the event of moving home there may be factors that can cause a delay. If the property has never had Virgin services before may require some external works to be completed by a third party company who on that certain availability with additional permits from the local council borough that may be required. 

If the property has had recent services and has been occupied there may be a crossover from customer to customer which may cause a delay in the installation of your services.

Should you to wish to gain further details on the status of your home installation, we would advise reaching out to the Pre-Installations team for an update, or we can bring you into a private message to look into this further.

Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina