cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Order Wifi Pods - Connect App Does Not Allow Orders

jungleVIP
Tuning in

Please get somebody competent to just comb through every reference and page forwarding customers to the Virgin Connect App to order wifi pods. The Connect App will just continuously spam you for positive reviews even if you click unhappy, that aside even when running the 'home scan' all virgin support pages continuously forward you to, you cannot actually order a WiFi pod from the connect app. It's literally impossible, even the results of the 'Poor' scan forward you to the app it's already running in.

Basic UX competency failure on all ends with the VM Connect App, the other app, the online forms, the online support chat, even the complaints form I filled out the response was pointing to the same place.

I'm within my 14 days so seriously considering jumping ship if this is what's to be expected from Virgin Media.
It's not that hard, it's common sense that a single router can't reach all rooms of a house with a loft. Why point customers in these loops asssuming that the customer is a pleb when you haven't even considered or tested your own links/feedback loops. Yes I've reset the router, Yes I've run the scans on the app, Yes I have WiFi Max included on my rip off contract which boasts wifi pods they are reluctant to actually give you. False advertising at the get go.

Evidence in case that is also going to be parroted; https://ibb.co/x6YQS5Z
Apologies if the tone comes across negative just exhausted from chasing this around since installation.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jungleVIP
Tuning in

Just an update for anyone stumbling across the thread at a later point, not sure what will happen re: the connect app but I've been sent out a pod, I think they can only send a single pod out per 7 days can't remember where I read that but there's hope so get in touch with a forum team member they'll be able to help where all other methods have failed up til now 🙂

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @jungleVIP 👋 Thank you for your post and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're really sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you're considering leaving us 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Regards,
Daniel

jungleVIP
Tuning in

Thanks for getting back to me,  no message received but I'm assuming you're dealing with all other queries / are a one man army, have sent you a message with the account details in case that's what is required.

jungleVIP
Tuning in

Just an update for anyone stumbling across the thread at a later point, not sure what will happen re: the connect app but I've been sent out a pod, I think they can only send a single pod out per 7 days can't remember where I read that but there's hope so get in touch with a forum team member they'll be able to help where all other methods have failed up til now 🙂

I am sick of virgin media ignoring my complaints very poor customer service when phoning them I am still not getting guaranteed speeds in every room even with 3 pods a manager mailed ma and said she wont give me anymore credit but if I want to leave virhin media I can without paying a leaving fee I thought that was rude highly offensive coming from a manager now I am taking all my complaints and evidence to onbudsm trading standards Ofcom the lot 

Liam Docherty

Hi @Liamdoc081, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the poor experience you've had and that you feel this way 😔

if you don’t get download speeds of at least 30 Mbps in every room, and our WiFi Pods don’t do the trick, a £100 credit should be put onto your next bill. Was that specifically discussed with the manager?

More information on our WiFi guarantee with WiFi Max can be found in this article here

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,

Daniel

Yes daniel I've had the 100 credit but they send engineer out they fix it it last a day now I'm vscj to same issues manager said she wont give me anymore credit to my bill even when I'm not getting the correct speeds and also have 3 wifi pods but she said shes willing to waive the fee for leaving virgin earky if I want I found that so rude trying to get me to leave virhin wen I've been loyal customer for nearly 5 years I want what I'm paying for over had over 5 engineer visits had new cables put in had my wifi box changed multiple times nothing is working I'm paying for services that I'm not getting I am escalating this to Ofcom training standards and onbudsm with the email stim manage trying to get me to leave my contract early 

Liam Docherty

jungleVIP
Tuning in

I'm not a member of the virgin media team, but you've been replying on my thread so I have been getting all updates. I can probably say what they won't out of politeness which is they've done everything they can so your best option is to find a provider meeting your requirements. You can complain to whoever you want but it won't change the facts, they reimbursed you, sent out engineers multiple times, gave you three wifi pods etc. What is it you think is going to solve this? It's not rude allowing you to leave fee-free it's common sense, if they can't meet your requirements find a provider that can and save yourself the headache. They aren't going to solve this to your satisfaction regardless by the sounds of it so just be done with it. Im turning off e-mail responses so I really don't care what whiny reply you will provide, good day sir. Mods feel free to lock the thread.

jungleVIP
Tuning in

** Final update - Complaint closed managed to move things around to the router and two pods I was sent out thanks to Daniel are sufficient to get full bars and full speed access throughout the house, thank you to the forum moderators and Daniel for being able to solve something online help and even complaints couldn't.

For others wondering I did find a single page referencing the admission that the connect app doesn't allow wifi pod ordering so hopefully they are getting on that now finally, and for ordering wifi pods you need to prove its required first for each additional pod, finally, you can only receive 1 pod per 5 business days and you will receive a revised contract for your line in the post stating the number of wifi pods and the router so keep an eye out for that as you'd obviously have to return them all at the end of your contract. Good luck all!

It should be noted that Hub 5 + 2 wifi Pods are working a million times better for me than Hub 5 as a modem and the extortionate Netgear Orbi which would routinely drop connections and be unable to handover connections between hardware units. Hub 5 + Wifi Pods work effortlessly and handovers complete with no disconnection or slowdown! 🎉 Balancing loads between hardware units has helped dramatically too keeping speeds maximised with multiple wireless devices in house.