cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Packet loss and Ping Spikes

Adam182
On our wavelength

This is becoming an issue more often than having no issues at all now and is an absolute disgrace!

My connection for simple websites and streaming seems to just about work but whenever I talk in Discord (for both work and pleasure) my ping spikes and I have incredibly bad latency.

16bf58633ed6b7a2d61ccde11527c8517bb47b21-10-02-2024.png

Just take a look at how shocking this is. I have been on the phone with Customer service (which i could barely hear thanks to the terrible mic and background chatter) who told me that they know theres and issue and it will be looked into Monday morning. 

They continue to raise the price for less than sub par services and I am getting very tired of it. Maybe its time to make the switch now that fibre is being installed in my area.

5 REPLIES 5

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try checking with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 or if you have a VM landline 150 as small local faults are not listed on the VM status page.

If you have fibre in your area, at least you can move ISP if needed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Adam182
On our wavelength

Just here to add an updated version of my BQM

0c11cf71efc77501c55da8a6f7b8854df2d92529-11-02-2024.png

The packet loss stopped for a short while but started up again recently.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

So what is being reported on the 0800 number?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Adam182
On our wavelength

It reports that there is a complex issue and their engineers are working hard to fix it which I very much do not believe, especially when the customer service rep told me they werent going to look into it until monday morning.

I guess I am just sick and tired of the whole back and forth and nothing ever being solved.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The 0800 number will be correct - the CS rep will not have the up to date info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.