cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Hub 3 Issue

Echosdj
Tuning in

I currently have a Hub 3 broadband router problem, it seems to have stopped working. Through cable Tv channels are ok, (no streaming services without internet), except all BBC channels there is a notification that won’t stop appearing on screen for me to set up wi-fi.

I have followed all the usual steps, unplug, switch off, reboot and the reset button. Changed all Coaxial
cables replaced splitter and router power adapter. Tested the main incoming coaxial cable from outside box (for continuity), which passed.

The Hub 3 on start up does not go into its usual cycle ‘5 min start up’ - green light etc. It starts with amber light, then becomes white and blinks approx every 1 minute, there is no wi-fi source is detected. I have called virgin, got through to call centre who ran the usual tests, booked a technician for Saturday 2nd March, (only free day I will be home due to work), but It seems that it has broken down and I will be without internet all week, (I use for work at home), so I am wondering if there is a contact number for technical support, to ask for a replacement Hub 3 to be sent out asap or even a fix that I have missed that will reboot the Hub 3 to function again.

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Check with Area faults on 0800 561 0061 If you have a VM landline 150 this goes down to post code level. You could also try the web page status, but this is not recommended as it only covers issues that affect a very large number of customers.

VM will not dispatch any technicians while an area fault exists.

If no area faults found:

The primary place to report faults or for service requests is Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait two or three days for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Can't use landline phone as it died at same time as Hub 3. Called Area faults number and there are no faults connected to post code. I've called number but get through to call centres in another country. Done all usual hub resets (details in first post), clearly the router is not functioning (since last weekend), it seems I cannot get a replacement easially sent out.

Echosdj
Tuning in

Update. Left Hub off for 24hrs, tried reset button, still in same condition - No Wi-fI.  The Hub is currently the old Hub 3 broadband which has stopped functioning. The cable Tv channels are ok, except the BBC channels which there is a notification that won’t stop appearing on screen for me to set up wi-fi and none of the streaming services without internet.

Earlier this week I followed all the usual advised steps; unplug, switch off, reboot and the reset button. Changed all Coaxial cables replaced splitter and power adapter. Tested the main incoming coaxial cable from outside box (for continuity), which passed.

The Hub 3 on start up does not go into its usual cycle ‘5 min start up’ - green light etc. It starts with a amber light, then becomes white and blinks approx every 1 minute, there is no wi-fi source is detected (or hub detected). I have called virgin, got through to call centre who ran the usual tests and said it wasnt being found.

Can't use landline phone as it died at same time as Hub 3. Called Area faults number and there are no faults connected to post code. The number I called put me through to call centre in another country. Clearly the hub is not functioning (since last weekend), it seems I cannot get a replacement easially sent out, can some send me a replacement or upgrade please! Thanks

Hello Echosdj,

Sorry to hear of the service issues experienced, we appreciate the frustration this is causing and you taking the time to raise this via the forums.

From checking, we can see you have spoken to the team since posting, were they able to assist with this or advise of the next steps during the call?

Let us know.

Rob