cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad connection for one device

Leahnicoleexo
Tuning in

I’m having trouble with my wifi, I set it all up yesterday and have had no problems with connections to phones and TVs but it won’t connect to my PC properly. I have full signal on my phone in every room in the house but only 1 bar on my PC. I tried to scan to test the connection in the room my pc is in but because it’s on my phone, it’s saying the connection is good. I’m not sure what to do? I mainly got the wifi for the pc as I use it for everything but it seems to be the only device I’m stuggling with. 

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

What type of Wi-Fi adapter is it?

Are the WiFi antennas at the back of the PC or external over wires?

I’m not sure? I just connected it wirelessly through the settings on the pc, it worked fine with my last wifi provider. 

I even moved the pc into the same room at the router and still it was really bad, the only way I can use the pc now is with the Ethernet cable but I can’t keep the pc in the same room as it’s the living room and I need it for work and don’t live alone so needs to be in a separate quiet room. 

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Simplest way around this would be a set of powerline adapters. That way you can use Ethernet and no hassle of WiFi. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Leahnicoleexo 👋 Thank you for your posts and welcome to the Virgin Media Community 😀

We're sorry to hear about the problem you're having 😔

Is the advice provided by @Adduxi something you're open to considering? Also, when you scanned the connection in the room where your PC is located, were you using the Virgin Media Connect app?

Please pop back to us at your earliest convenience.

Regards,
Daniel

Hi! 
Id consider anything at this point , I just need the problem sorted. 

and yes I’m using the app but I tested on my pc using speedtest.net and the download and upload were both under 10

If the issue is only with the PC we'd recommend a few steps, firstly, can you check under the connection options of your PC advise what it says under the WiFi? Finding this will vary depending on the operating system.

We'd also make sure all network drivers are up to date on the PC also.