cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to register on My Virgin Media

am12
Joining in

Hi - I am unable to create a My Virgin Media account and get the following error - 'Sorry, there was a problem registering that password. Please choose a different one.' I see several other users have had the same issue. Is there a way to resolve this? It has been over 72 hours since the service was activated and I have tried all the suggestions given on other similar queries (using a different browser, clearing cookies etc).

5 REPLIES 5

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi am12 👋

Thanks for posting, and a warm welcome to the Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues when attempting to create your My Virgin Media account. I'm going to send you a private message, so we can look into this further for you.

Please look out for it in the top-right, white envelope or by tapping your profile picture and selecting "Messages".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

am12
Joining in

Thanks Reece, I haven't received any message. Can you please resend?

am12
Joining in

Hi - can someone please respond here? I have also tried calling customer care and could not get through. If this isn't resolved ASAP I will be forced to cancel the contract as I am still during the 14 day trial period.

am12
Joining in

UPDATE for anyone else facing the same issue: didn't receive any help from VM but tried using a different email ID and it worked and I was able to register.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi am12 👋

I'm very sorry that you did not receive the private message, and for the delay in a response. I'm glad that you have been able to resolve this using an alternative email address.

Please do let us know if you need anything else, and we'll be more than happy to assist further.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ