cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to create password

ivancrx1
Tuning in

Hello,

I’m trying to create a Virgin Media account, but it’s not allowing me to create a password. Any password that I create is being refused with… password cannot be used.

Can you help?

Regards,

24 REPLIES 24

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @ivancrx1,

Sorry to hear that you're facing issues when trying to register to My Virgin Media. Can you please ensure that your password meets the following criteria:

Must start with a letter.
 Be between 8-10 characters.
 Contain at least one uppercase and one lowercase letter.
 Contain at least one number.
 No special characters.

Can you please also try using a different browser, or the My Virgin Media app? Please let me know how you get on

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Same issue for me on a password reset. Get a green tick for passing "between 8 and 64 characters" (I've tried 8, 10, 63 and 64), but everything is rejected as "requirements not met", and I notice the strength indicator always says "invalid" no matter what you type.T

The passwords are generated by a password manager, and definitely fit the requirements.

Screenshot  attached - this happens regardless of what you type.

virgin media password.png

Tried all of these and around 15 different passwords, tried the app and still can't get in.

Hi ivancrx1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, really sorry to hear you are facing difficulties setting up a password for your online account, you can try a password generator like this.

Try swapping some of your letters for number IE 0 for o.

If you need any further help please reach back out.

Regards

Paul.

Tried all of this and spent an hour on Virgin online help yesterday, they tried to get it working and failed as well. How I am supposed to check my account I don't know.

Hi ivancrx1,

Sorry to hear you still don't have access, I will be happy to try for you, I will send you n invite into a private chat, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

ivancrx1
Tuning in

Despite 2 hours on the online help to some one 2 weeks ago I still don't have access to my account, or even anyway of creating one. I was informed Virgin would sort this and contact me within 5-7 days and hey nothing, no message, no call nothing. I will now be cancelling my direct debit and see how long it takes them to contact me then.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ivancrx1, 

Thank you for getting back in touch. 

I am sorry to hear you are still experiencing this issue. 

I can see that my colleague has invited you to discuss this further on private message.

If you would like to confirm their role as a Virgin Media Forum Team member, please select their profile.

Thank you, 

Nat

acolling
On our wavelength

I am now having this issue. Did anyone ever work out what the cause is or what criteria is being applied to the passwords being entered?

I really don't have the time or patience to deal with the VM contact centre.