cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving home and being put into a new 18 month contract

deano2012
Dialled in

Hi all' we are moving home soon and i have informed the virgin media team via live web chat and after i told them my new address etc i have been sent a new 18 month contract' i have not long just been put into a new contract back in march which is for broadband only deal' i have a new account number too' is this the norm for moving house as i have not changed my broadband package thanks.

dean.

90 REPLIES 90

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @deano2012,

Thanks for your post. Sorry to hear about the confusion in regards to moving your services. You will have received a new contract because we allow our customers to amend their package, or remain at the same price when moving home. It is also updated to reflect your new address with us as we will cancel your old one.

In addition, you are also assigned a new account number as it will contain all of the information we need to get the service setup at your new address.

You can find more information regarding moving home here.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Dean,

As per the help page that @Reece_MH pointed you to.

"What happens to my contract when I move?

If you don’t change your package when you move, your contract will continue as it is. If you do change your services, you’ll be subject to a new minimum term as per the terms of your new agreement."

The Homemovvers Team should make a manual adjustment to your new contract so that it continues at the same price, and for the remainder of length left from your old address providing you haven't changed anything.
Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

i called customer services yesterday and the guy who i spoke to said i dont even know why they have put you into a new 18 month contract just because of moving home and have not changed my deal on broadband only.

Hi deano2012, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

As mentioned above, you would receive a new precontract due to needing one for your new address however the contract term itself would be removed and will just be a continuation of any contract you have at your current address. 

As long as the package is the same then the price should remain the same too. 

If after moving, you notice a longer contract term or a different price, let us know and we can amend things for you here. It is worth noting that your first bill may be slightly different though due to pro rata charges, one month in advance plus any adjustments from your previous address final bill. 

Let us know if you have any further questions. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thank you Kath' i will let you know the outcome once i'm at the new property many thanks

Hi deano2012, 

No worries at all 🙂 

If you have any further queries or questions about the move, you know where we are. 

Take care and good luck with the move. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

CG1682
Joining in

The same thing has just happened to me.

A simple house move and Virgin have sent me a new 18 month contract with a price.

I don’t understand how I can move other services like my Mobile Phone company, energy provider, water provider, car insurance and none of them companies made me start an 18 month contract again, I should only have 6 months of my virgin contract left

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi CG1682,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you are experiencing issues with your contract since moving home, we will do all we can to help. 

Can you please confirm if any changes had been made to the package or if a new deal was agreed to prior to moving?

Thanks, 

Nat

Hi Nat

No changes to the package or offers of a new deal.

I just wanted a simple process of moving my existing services and contract moved over to my new address.

Regards,

Chris