cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Poor Customer Service

owld_whitehair
On our wavelength

Not been here for a while.

Virgin Media has descended into a disorganized mess. On the 2 December 2023 at 15.50 had to contact your V.M. Customer service as telephone line had been down this despite when logging into my account to check service status it reported that there was no problem with the phone line. The customer service is abysmal, providing misleading information, unreliable information, ignoring a 30day notice not to renew the current contract at its expiry date, ignoring a request to reject a V.M. contract summary sheet within the 14 day cooling off period. As a result chaotic billing with undeserved early termination charges. Ignoring the reporting of the phone line being cut off for more than 24 hours which had to be reported to the atrocious continental call centre on a borrowed mobile informing the advisor that I was a pensioner and still very ill and needed to give authority for my wife to speak to the advisor so the call took longer than needed (three quarters of an hour) being asked the same question repeatedly, the call cost over £20.00 even though the V.M.C.S.O. said that the 0345 number was toll free. The V.M.C.S.O. eventually was persuaded to carry out a test and he confirmed there was a fault with the line. Incidently again logging into my account to check service status it still reports that there still no problem with the phone line.
VM are well aware of my age. I have been very ill over the last couple of years and still am and they are just taking advantage of my position to hand out this punishment.

20 REPLIES 20

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which day each month is your bill produced? And when were your services disconnected?

This is potentially a case of two processes crossing with respect to your final bill.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My Contract & confirmed by Virgin Media as Ending on 30th December 2023 & disconnection on that date.
My Last Bill for 24.47 dated 11th December 2023 paid on 27th December 2023 Paid By Direct Debit.
My usual bill for the last 2 year was 47.00  dated 11th Each Month 2022/23 paid on 27th Each Month 2022/23 Paid By Direct Debit. This is very Distressing.

Hi @owld_whitehair 

Welcome back to the community forums 

Sorry to hear of your concerns, I can see that a member of the forums team is already supporting you on this issue on private message from your original thread on that same issue. 

We ask that you do not open multiple threads on the same issue so that the team can respond and support more quickly and clearly to help resolve this issue for you. Should you have any further questions or concerns, please refer to your private message thread and continue your conversation there, the agent will respond to you when available. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Why can I not attach audio files as evidence into private messages with community moderators a vital omission in private messages utilities. Also I would find  a spell checker would helpful for those with Dislexia

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @owld_whitehair

Thank you for your post and sorry to hear you feel this way, you can add videos and images, just not audio, I'm afraid. Our forum does not have a spell checker, but I do advise getting Grammarly, I find this helpful and it spell checks on all sites you would type something on. Hope this helps.
Thanks,

Zoie

Thank you for your concern and helpful suggestion I needed to prove my point to community moderator helping me with Virgin Media Giving me an old age pensioner also very ill after brain surgery with my maladministered account which should have ended 17/12/2023. Very sad. 

Virgin Media (Liberty Global/Telefónica) Not content with ignoring my request 30days notice 17-11-23 for my contract (ending 17-12-23) not being renew. And all the maladministration ever since. They are now preventing me from requesting a Data Subject Access Request I did fill all the required information correctly (first name redacted in scree shot for security). I am also blocking me from raising a complaint from within my Account. which according to depending on where you go within the account is ether open or closed. I have had assistance from 3 forum agents 1 managed to resolve the vindictive action of Virgin Media remotely disabling my landline to prevent me from porting my number to another supplier by arranging an engineers visit (he confirmed the remote disabling my landline on the hub3 router) 2 other forum agents have been unable to resolve the very complex state that the account has been left in by Virgin Media Virgin Media and seem to have moved on.not able to make complaint.not able to make complaint.not able to make DSRA request.not able to make DSRA request.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @owld_whitehair
Thank you for your post, we are sorry to hear this, we can see you are in PM with someone from our forum team they will be able to assist.
Thanks,
Zoie

colin_edin
Joining in

I agree with you wholeheartedly about VM's customer service. I have been a customer of VM for about 30 years and recently this has become a real issue for me. I am pretty IT savvy, but find that the website runs me round in circles without providing answers.  Dialling 150 for help results in the response, "It has not been able to connect your call. Please try later." How VM can justify raising their prices by 3.9% above the rate of inflation, when their customer service has decreased by 93.9%, baffles me!

Hi @colin_edin thanks for posting and welcome back to our community.

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the level of customer service you've received.  This is very disappointing to hear, and I can assure you that this is not the level of service that we want to provide.  We can certainly feed this back on your behalf.  Is there anything you need help with regarding our services?  Please reach out to us if you do.

Regards

Lee_R