cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Correct credit file urgent amendment needed

Hannah_86
Tuning in

Hi, im writing because virgin media have filed a late payment marker on my credit file that was due to a 10 day late payment which was a genuine mistake over christmas which was settled immediately. I kindly ask you (virgin media) to rectify this asap as i am currently in the process of buying a property and have been told that i can not get the morgage with this on my file. Only with this removed will we be successful.  This is causing myself and family extreme distress and anxiety due to the fact that we may end up without a home due to this. I have emailed the credit ammendment team and their responce was that i will hear back within 21 days. This was 11 days ago and we are quickly running out of time and really do not have another 10 days that we can wait. Please can you get back to me asap. Id like to think that we are a valued customer of over 3 years with not one late payment, this really was a genuine mistake. Thank you.

7 REPLIES 7

carl_pearce
Community elder

Im hoping someone from vm can write back, everyone i have spoken to on the phone from vm have said its a mistake and shouldnt of been put on my file. Im hoping i can escalate this some how.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Hannah_86 wrote:

everyone i have spoken to on the phone from vm have said its a mistake

The ultimate proof would be for this advice to be in writing.

Previous threads have suggested there is no internal escalation until the 21day period has elapsed.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Credit-File-Amendments-Please-Help/... 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Credit-File-Amendment-urgent-help-n... 

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Credit-File-Amendments/m-p/5491793 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi there @Hannah_86 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your credit report, and a big thank you to our community members for their advise here so far. 

As you have already contacted the team there is nothing further we would be able to advise, we are so sorry there is a wait but team will look into this and update you as soon as possible.

Its a shame virgin isnt as quick, getting markers off as they are putting them on, they should be ashamed of themselves. I will be glad to get out of this contract and would recommend that people think twice before signing up to virgin media. 

Hannah

You do make a good point about recommending people think twice about signing up to VM. One thing I would like to flag, in your original post you said “ Id like to think that we are a valued customer of over 3 years with not one late payment"

No, you, nor anyone else, is a ‘valued customer', they are all cash sources, nothing more, nothing less. Sorry but that’s the way it actually is.

As japitts (above) points out with their links to other post, VM are and entire process-driven operation, you might lose your house, they don’t care! That’s not entirely true, the individuals involved do, but the system that the company has put in place allows no shortcuts. Your case won’t be looked at for another ten days, sorry about that......

Personally, I hope that somehow it all works out for you and your family.

My very best wishes....

We're sorry once again for the situation Hannah_86,

So we can take a closer look at this and get a few more details from you, I've popped you over a private message.

Alex_Rm