cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Urgent! Credit File Missed Payments!

RyanJardinez
Just joined

Hi there, 

We are currently in the process of trying to remortgage and I have noticed there has been “2 Missed Payments” added to my credit file. These have been added incorrectly and I needed these to be removed as a matter of urgency. I have spoken on the phone today with Mel from the Cable Services on behalf of Virgin Media who says he can’t see why these would have been added in the first place. I have sent an email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk and have got an automatic response which says I will receive a response in 21 days. I need this to be looked and rectified sooner if possible. These missed payments have had a very adverse effect on my credit rating and we are struggling to find a new mortgage rate we can afford because of these missed payments. 

Thanks in Advance

Ryan 

1 REPLY 1

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @RyanJardinez 

Welcome to the community forums 

Sorry to hear that you have had a mark against your credit file due to missed payments that you're disputing. 

Unfortunately, there is nothing we can do to escalate this fast for you through the community forums. 

I can see on the systems at our side that you have spoken with the team today and they have correct advised you the steps to take to dispute this. 

If you have not already, please log a dispute directly with the credit reference agencies, Equifax or Experian. This makes it easier for the credit file amendment team too as all of the information is visible to them which should speed things up. 

Equifax: Equifax.co.uk

Experian: Experian.co.uk

In the email to creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk you'll need to include account number, full name, contact number, account address, the company that they used to view their credit file, and any specific details related to the credit file enquiry. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley