cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Contract Renewal

Gsanghera
On our wavelength

So I spoke to Virgin regarding my broadband and TV package a few weeks ago who offered me a deal to renew which at the time I was a little more than I was currently paying and in the current climate, said I wasn’t happy with it so I will check deals elsewhere. However I have now called back to check what options there are for renewal and told that the best option is nearly £30 more expensive and a lesser package and the best option is to wait for the disconnection team to call me back?

how is this any kind of customer service, I’ve been with Virgin nearly 8 years and I’m shocked at how disinterested the team are!! 

5 REPLIES 5

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It’s a known fact, if you search the board, that VM price offers are a ‘at this moment’ price, and often it’s best to accept them as you have the 14 day cooling off period. You are nearly always be given a higher price at a later date. It’s just how VM works.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Gsanghera
On our wavelength

I did not know that to be fair, however does loyalty mean nothing these days. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

It's the way they work I'm afraid. The fact that you called them back meant to them that you wanted to stay. So they didn't have to offer the same price. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Gsanghera
On our wavelength

I called them back because I missed their call, slightly different. Staying would be easier yes but not at £30 more than what was previously offered.

I’ll be going elsewhere now. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

So their tactics haven't worked. Good for you.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.