cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Closing bill

Dadders89
Joining in

Evening 

I’m writing this as I’m currently half hour into home music so this may well be quicker. 

im leaving VW early as got a great deal elsewhere. 
I’ve just had my closing bill and I have some questions. 
1. I’ve been told my closing day is the 9th with payment coming out on the 18th which I expected, but it also says that this covers my til aprils bill date how is that possible?

2. In my new deal elsewhere they are covering cancellation costs and they need evidence which I was told would be on this final bill and there is no mention of anything on it. So am I being charged and if so where can I get the receipt/bill for that 

thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dadders89 

VM charge a month in advance. You won't receive the final bill until the account has been closed and all services disconnected. This should ensure that VM can collect any out of contract charges such as any PPV's or movies you may subscribe to, or additional telephone charges such as those over an hour in length.

If you are due a refund then this will be sent by post to your billing address (unless you've moved and informed VM of the new address) and should reach you around 45 days after you've received your final bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Dadders89 

VM charge a month in advance. You won't receive the final bill until the account has been closed and all services disconnected. This should ensure that VM can collect any out of contract charges such as any PPV's or movies you may subscribe to, or additional telephone charges such as those over an hour in length.

If you are due a refund then this will be sent by post to your billing address (unless you've moved and informed VM of the new address) and should reach you around 45 days after you've received your final bill.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali