cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No dialing tone to home phone landline wall socket 4 days.

demeter3gem
Tuning in

Hello

There is no way to contact customer services on here anymore via chat.

I have no landline now since 4 days. I tried to report it online i was promised engineer on thur 21st March he came stated he doesn't fix landlines someone will come in the morning, on fri 22nd. No one showed up.  I chased up online after going around in circles trying to find webchat support, this now seems to have been stopped? 

I was assured it is being looked into. Now you can not report anything online.   I was promised a call back this never happened. Virgin have fixed the landline to the reception area of my building which also has a wall socket, but have failed to fix mine. This is a landline plugged into the wall.  Very frustrated. 

7 REPLIES 7

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @demeter3gem Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media Community forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with the home phone you've had recently and for the poor experience from the team. 😢
I will assist you on the matter and look in to this. 

I will send a private message. ✉

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

demeter3gem24
Joining in

Hello i reported this online yesterday then it would not let me back into my community website said my email is not verified i have made a new alias I have no land line 5 days now and I went around in circles yesterday on here reproving who i am. I can not call anyone as the landline is broken 

Hi @demeter3gem24 

Welcome to the community forums 
Sorry to hear you're having issues with your landline at the moment.

Can you confirm if you're phoneline is plugged into the main master socket, an extension or into the router?

How many pieces of equipment are connected to the phone line?

There are a few troubleshooting checks I will need you to perform to see if they are successful in resolving the issue. Can you: 

• Check the phone is seated in the base unit correctly & powered ON.
  • Remove all other equipment connected to telephone sockets.
  • Unplug the phone and check another phone directly into the main socket ensuring this is a VM socket and not one with a BT or Sky logo. If no alternative handset is available then ensure the original phone is plugged into the main socket with no other pieces of equipment being plugged in.

Let me know if any of these checks work at all, or if anything changes with the dial tone. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

hello its a landline that is connected to a wall socket. I reported this last week I was told an engineer would come on 21st he came but does not fix land line wall sockets. I was promised someone would come the next morning 22nd march 2024. No one came. I tried to report that online when i found webchat. But that resulted in no further repair of my landline I was promised a call back that never happened. Reception in my building was fixed but not my dwelling. I tried to report it on here yesterday it now prevents me from loging into that. I went around in circles re prooving who i am only to find the next morning today i can not now log into that . So now i am making another alias to continue to report 5 days no landline and no ability to call in to report it. This is not very user friendly for people with disabilities 

My apologies that the team have not been able to resolve this nor have them completed any agreed call backs or returned visits @demeter3gem24 

We'll investigate this further for you at our side. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon or if you're using a smaller device, you can see your private messages by clicking on the Virgin Media logo at the top right and select 'Messages' from the drop down. 

Here to help 🙂
Carley

demeter3gem24
Joining in

I have made two attempts to respond to proove who i am in the last 48 hours and then no more response please help I have been here 2 hrs this morning  waiting about for response to reproove who i am situation. 

Thank you for joining me on private message @demeter3gem24 

Glad the team were able to get this arranged to be investigated for you. 

If you believe the issue to be resolved you can mark the thread as resolved by clicking the helpful answer given and this will show anyone else having issue that an answer was given and direct them to the post, alternatively you can just like or 'kudos' the post if it helped you. 
Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Carley