cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing Red Phone light

Queenvic
Joining in

Hi, I have renewed my VM contract and took off the Phone line.  The hub 3 has now got a flashing red phone light. Do I need to do something to tell it there is no phone now or is it going to flash red for the next 18 months? ☹️

Thanks for any advice.

4 REPLIES 4

Ashleigh_C
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @Queenvic 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here.

I am so sorry that you have faced this issue with your Hub, I have taken a look and cannot see any outages etc on our side that would be causing this. 

Are you able to try a pin hole reset? To do this push a pen etc into the reset hole at the back of the Hub and hold in for 60 seconds. This will cause a full factory reset so if you have changed any Hub settings such as the password they will revert to the original but you can change these back afterwards. 

Thank you for replying I will try the pin reset.
There is no need to check outtages as all working correctly, the phone line is flashing red because it’s not receiving a signal as it’s not included in my new contract.  My query is, do I have to change a setting or something to tell the hub to stop looking for a phone line so it’s not flashing red for the next 18 months? Hope you understand what I mean.

Hi @Queenvic 👋.

How did you get on with the pin hole reset, is the phone line still flashing red? Please let us know. 

Sabrina

Hi 

I switched power off to the router for a good 20 minutes and then when turned back on the red phone light was cleared. 👍